Sign in to follow this  
Guest RSmith

Last flight using FS2002?

With just 13 days until FS2004 is available has anyone thought about what will be your last flight in FS2002? When I get FS2004 I will not be going back to FS2002 so my last flight using FS2002 will be in FFG's Learjet 35 and Yannick Lavignes Falcon 50 (I heard these will not work in FS2004)

I'm going to fly the default Cessna 172 to Microsoft's corporate headquaters and trade it in for a nice new copy of 2004! :-) I am keeping the Cessna's POH seeing as though M$ is to cheap to give us a full printed manual for 2004. PDF's - Bah Humbug...Mark[/color]Old Bridge (3N6) New Jersey[/color] AOPA Member since 1999 #02624412[/color][/color][link:www.gaservingamerica.org/|General Aviation Serving America Website][/color][/b][link:www.aopa.org/|http://www.infogamer.com/images/aopa3.jpg]Support the Re-Opening of Meigs Airport![/color][link:www.aopa.org/whatsnew/newsitems/2003/03-2-019x.html|Join AOPA in the Fight! - 12-Point Plan][link:www.friendsofmeigs.org|Visit Friends of Meigs Website!][link:live6.truelook.com/face/newface.jsp?func=live&useapplet=true&name=/adler/skyeye/camera1]Meigs CAM LIVE]My Rig[/color] ([/color]"COLOSSUS" [/color]aka:[/color] Mellow[/color] Yellow[/color] Lime[/color])ASUS P4PE Intel 845PE Chipset DDR333 Rev. 1.03 w/ all the goodies except Gigabyte LanIntel Northwood Pentium 4 2.4BGHz SL6EF C1 Stepping Processor System Bus 533 MHz 512KB L2 Cache (Pack Date 01/16/03) ---> @ 2.8GHz on Air CoolingThermaltake Spark 7 Copper Heatsink@4500RPM + Arctic Silver 3 Thermal Compound1 x Corsair Micro 512M XMS PC3500 DDR400 CAS2 Memory with Muscle StickATI 9700 Radeon Pro AGP 8x 4x Bus 128MSound Blaster Audigy 2 coupled to Logitech Z-640's 5.1 Speakers2 x Maxtor 200 GIG 7200RPM HD'sVantec Clear Copper Floppy and Silver Round IDE CablesMatrix Orbital GPU LCD Multi Display (Yellow Backlit) <- GET THIS PANEL!Matric Orbital GPU LCD Multi Display (Yellow Text) Custom External MountPioneer 16x Slot Drive DVD-ROMAntec True Power 550W PSAntec Performance SX800II Series Tower w/ Plexi Side Panel w/ Blowhole + Antec 80MM Green Tri LED Fan. 5 x Antec 80MM Duel Ball Bearing Fans = 3 in Front Intake connected to Antec True Power PS - 2 in Rear Exaust at full throttle. Sunbeam Cold Cathode Florescent Lighting = 1 x 12" Green Tube + 1 x 12" Yellow Tube installed in Case Interior, 2 x 10" Yellow Tubes installed inside Front Panel Grill. iiyama 21" Vision Master 502 Flat Sceen MonitorSony 18" SuperFlat LCD Monitor on Digital Optput of ATI 9700 ProMicrosoft Optical IntelliMouse USB 5 Button Wheel w/Red LEDMicrosoft IntlilType Split KeyboardCH Products USB Flight Sim Yoke + Rudder PedalsLogitech Wingman Strike Force 3D USB Force Feedback JoystickLogitech Extreme Digital 3D USB JoystickMicrosoft Sidewinder Duel Strike USB Game Controller JoystickSuncom G-Force Plau Flight YokeMicrosoft Flight Simulator 2004 "Century of Flight"Windows XP Professional EditionDell AXIM Pocket PC 400MHz with Super CradleRex 6000 Pocket PDASandisk External Multi Memory Card Reader[/color

Guest freequest

OMG man that is a hell of a HUGE sig.... :)

I really can't say because I'll be keeping 2002 for a while at least until SquawkBox 3 comes out... I'd imagine I'll land in Tucson (KTUS) though so I can take the new sim on it's first trip, which for me is always KTUS-KPHX.Ryan

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

I'd take one last flight over and around Baltimore before COF... it's going to look much more realistice (hopefully with many more buildings) so I might as well get myself ready for the shock :D

Guest RSmith

Yup - already planned the "last" flight...... 2 legs. 1st leg in default KingAir (repainted) from Libby, Montana (add-on scenery) over to Missoula (also added scenery / gates / AFCAD, etc.)Then I'll jump into the Falcon 50 (DHL paint-job), and take a cruise over to SFO or SJC - around dusk, Pacific time.Both flights with FDC, my trusty companion.....I want to compare the scenery (yeah, I'm called an eye candy freak !) to COF - as I'll fly the same (2) legs as soon as I get COF up and running..... fresh comparison...... Placed my $25 reservation deposit Tuesday - local store says they had ~50 reservations in before mine..... small local mall electronics boutique..... pretty impressive demand ... I'd say !Ron

Guest N247BK

I think I made my last flight more than a month ago.This happens to me every time a new FS release is imminent: I start my transition, never staying in one place ... never going back.I did my favoite flight: Monterrey Peninsula to San Francisco International, and back, in the Baron.I'm really lookin forward to doing it again ... in COF.I'm planning my system upgrade first, however, to a P4-2.6 w/800MHz FSB motherboard and GF4-Ti4800. I hope to have it all done by end of August. So, I'll have to read all the "juicy" posts before I can experience it all.Happy summer of flying to all!

I don't know where I will go (something out of KBUF probably) but it will for sure be with the PSS Dash-8, since I'm not sure if it will work in 2004 without a patch.

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

Guest Tim

HiI'm not planning to convert to FS2004 right away. Probably will change at the end of the year.But I think I will do a flight in the Air 2000 iFDG 757, from East Midlands to Malaga..... boring but hey!Tim

Unfortunately, I will have to wait until Pete Dowson releases an updated PFC dll to be compatible with FS2004 since I only fly using my PFC Jet Yoke and King Air Throttle Quandrant. ( The best investment I've made in a long time)J.C.(MYNN)

Guest AAF

On the evening of July 28th I plan on doing a flight from Luis Munoz International (in Puerto Rico) to Roosevelt Roads to Culebra. The flight will be VFR, with an ILS approach in to Culebra (if they have the equipment :-roll ). My first flight will from Culebra to RR to Luis Munoz, and hopefully some Cumulus Incis to accompany me :)

I'm sticking with FS2002 ..... you guys will be waving goodbye to an incredible range of non-Gmax/FSDS2 planes, and MANY panels! :(

Hi thunderstruck, "I'm sticking with FS2002 ..... you guys will be waving goodbye to an incredible range of non-Gmax/FSDS2 planes, and MANY panels! "They will be re up-loaded for fs2004 and fs2002 will decrease dramaticaly 3rd party files and almost no more commercial for fs2002. All fs2004 categorie files section and commercial announced for fs2004. It was like this for all version of Msfs.I had fs2002 unintalled for couple of month now and I simply cannot re-install fs2002 at all, there is too many details important in fs2004 not available in fs2002 and specialy the blur have gone for me in fs2004.Ps: Since I can imports most of the 3rd party freeware stuff and scenery, I had no issue in this area, some need little edit in the cfg and all works fine.Cheers!ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFs

Kind Regards
Chris Willis