Sign in to follow this  
Guest RSmith

Last flight using FS2002?

Guest wathomas777

It depends. I have COF on reserve at the mall. Yet I will probably not offload FS2002 until I have had a chance to try COF on my 600Mhz Celeron. It's in a very proprietary case and motherboard, so It's not just a simple upgrade.I get pretty acceptable performance in FS2002 if I take off reflections and keep my AI traffic, and Autogen in check.If I can get "similar" performance with COF, then I will retire FS2002. If not, then I will shelve 2004 until I can pony up for a better system.

Guest Timbo

Chris,You can't honestly believe that every FSDS aircraft that is incompatible with FS2004 will be fixed and uploaded. I have a feeling a lot of aircraft will get left in the dust like the FSD Super Cub and all of Bill Lyons' freeware (Bobcats, Canucks, Defender blimp, balloons, etc.) I'm not that desperate for FS2004 to lose all of that. Captain Sim has already said their C-130 will work in FS2002 and FS2004 and that's really the only upcoming add-on I'm looking to get.[table][tr][td]http://timbo87.home.comcast.net/sig/vulc.jpg[/td][/tr][tr][td]

[/td][/tr][/table

Guest RSmith

"Waving Goodbye" .....understand, respect the reasoning, but I've heard this many times before. To each his/her own.......Most recently, recall the "I'm sticking with" debate with FS2000 to 2k2. Unfortunately, back then, I entered into a few heated conversations over the "anti-MS" update threads.... those posts suggesting MS was "only" interested in $$, and not offering material improvement to the sim itself - remember ??)I respect the decision not to leave 2k2, as the current version is - in fact - Great, I agree ! It's been the best ever ! (IMO). And, I've enjoyed many of the FS2k2 compatible adds...... Falcon 50, FDC, etc.Just think, if more simmers "accepted" this view ie: (I'm stickin' with current version), think how much shorter the FSUIPC threads would be ! It works now - you don't "have" to upgrade...... FSUIPC is free. You don't "have" to buy MS's newest version.....For me..... fortunately, my copy of COF is on reserve. I can afford the few payware adds that I will install when they become available, and I'll even be more than Happy to support Pete's work for an updated FSUIPC to work with COF...... All of this costs me less than a family dinner out !Then, if I decide COF is as far as I want to go.... I can "close" my checkbook. I've paid, I'm setup & working..... and, I'm comfortable stickin' where I am, etc. I don't "have" to pay more to "stick" with the current version.... all's well in simming land ! (this option is not for me, just yet..).Nope, don't think I'll be waving "goodbye".... I'm already for the challenge of getting to know COF ! Not concerned with the FSUIPC debate, nor losing non-compatible adds, or the "fear" of "repetitive", "recurrent" fees for maintaining my current sim setup.....Our sim community has always come through - with great new products & updates. I've got faith it will happen again. Yup, I'm also keeping 2k2, with my Falcon 50 and other adds, on my 2nd harddrive.. just in case. However, just like before.... I expect I won't be going back !No criticism intended. We have differing views on "updates". I agree anyone has the option to "stay" where we are in the sim evolution. I do not, however, feel the sim developers "owe" the users "free" anything. It's the user's choice. If it gets too expensive, or I become satisfied with the curent state-of-the-art, I'll stop. That freedom is valued !Cheers,Ron

Guest Gordius

I see another simple query has turned into the pros-cons of upgrading to FS2004 etc. *:-* Regarding the actual thread topic my last flight started on Saturday, RTW in my DF737. I read on Friday that the DF737 not be compatible with COF and as it has given me so much pleasure it seemed appropriate, kind of my memorial flight if you like. I am using the flight plans that came with FSNavigator also as a tribute to an another great addon whose passing I will miss, until the next version is released of course. :-violin

That old rumour again...Haven't you been reading anything for the last year or so from Microsoft?As long as it is designed using the FS2000 SDK or newer it should work in FS2004. That means FSDS1 aircraft should work (probably with the same restrictions as in FS2002, meaning some animations won't show and maybe some nighttexture corruption).The same holds true for scenery.

Guest freequest

you should drop by Dreamfleets forums ... I think that all there models will be upgraded to run on fs2004..

Guest ScottPilot

I am sticking with FS2002 for now. Not because I am against the newer version, but mainly because I fear that my system will not run FS2004 very well.I finally just got my system "tweaked" well enough to run FS2002 smoothly (15-20fps) and I don't have the $$ to upgrade or buy a faster machine right now.I might buy FS2004 just to get it in the tin box and some day, when I can afford a faster system, install it at that time.But untill then, it will have to be FS2K2 for me.Happy Simming!Scott :-)My system specs:PIII 1 GHZ with 512MB SDRAM & 2X AGPNvidia GF4 card with 64MB Ram with 2 17" monitors connectedWindows XP Pro SP1Ch Products Yoke and Rudder

Guest captbulldog

I won't have my last 2k2 flight just yet because I still need it for my PIC767 ;)