Sign in to follow this  
Guest Stratus_Fractus

What is required to run FS2K2 totally maxed out?

Guest bernse

I just built a new PC. It consists of a:P4-2.8C1GB 3200DDR RAMP4P800 Asus MotherboardATI 9500 Pro VideoThe system is rock solid and stable, but I think benchmarks slower than it should in 3D Mark 2001 and 2003.I installed FS2K2 and gave her a whirl. I set it up pretty much the same way I did when I had my 1.2 Ghz Athlon and GF3Ti200 and 768MB PC133.It doesn't seem much, if any faster.When I maxxed EVERYTHING out at 1600x1200, it seemed like it was the same speed (everything except clouds, which I put to about 50)Normal?And when I say same speed, this is very subjective I realize. I would sit at the gate a CYVR (hardly and extremely detailed airport) and swing the external view around. The FPS would dip from around 13 and go up to 24 ish (where I had it locked).

Guest Stratus_Fractus

Your video card is a bit of a bottleneck.

Guest bernse

Surely it has more power than a GF3ti200 with 2x the CPU power though?

Guest Stratus_Fractus

Yes it does. Maybe something like your BIOS isn't set up correctly.