Sign in to follow this  
ajcollins2

AI Traffic Help

Is there a way to only have my AI traffic as part of my scenery or will all the planes i have in my aircraft folder play a part?many thanks

Is there a way to only have my AI traffic as part of my scenery or will all the planes i have in my aircraft folder play a part?many thanks
Not really sure what you are asking here. The flightplans are in traffic.bgl, or other . bgl you create in scenery/world/scenery, and the aircraft are in the aircraft folder.

Peter Schluter

Go to your Flight Simulator 9 folder, then to Scenery > World > Scenery. Find Traffic030528.bgl and rename it to Traffic030528.bak. That'll disable the default Microsoft AI.

Mike...

One bit of advice I would give is not to delete any of the default aircraft from the aircraft folder. A lot of addons will alias to files in these folders.

Peter Schluter

That's not file for the default planes, it's for default AI planes, which is a big difference. :(

That's not file for the default planes, it's for default AI planes, which is a big difference. :(
I dont get your point.I am advising him not to delete anything from the aircraft folder AFTER he has disabled the traffic.bgl

Peter Schluter

If you don't mind getting under the hood a bit, you might try a tool like AITM or AIFP to edit the default traffic file. That way, you could remove the default AI from airports where your WoAI fly, but keep it (or maybe all the GA regardless of Airport) for other airports. Though with this method you still will have ATC calling the fictional airlines enroute (if that bothers you).scott s..

I am sorry, but that is not quite correct. The default planes are the default AI planes for the default traffic BGL. So there is no difference. None the less they should never be deleted as was stated, "One bit of advice I would give is not to delete any of the default aircraft from the aircraft folder."Best regards to all,Mel

so i am good to delete the .bgl from the scenery folder however not actually delete the aircraft from the aircraft folder?many thanks for the help guys

so i am good to delete the .bgl from the scenery folder however not actually delete the aircraft from the aircraft folder?many thanks for the help guys
You don't need to delete Traffic030528.bgl. Just rename it, Traffic030528.bak, that will deactivate it.