Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ken_Salter

SSW maybe will work if....

Well if they have to push the date for release again that is fine with me. I too have been waiting for this since March. The only thing I ask for is honesty and consideration and it did not seem like I (or you) were getting that. A simple "Sorry but we are delayed even more" would have done but all this over the last few days has had my temperature rise.

Guest Tim

HiThey sure do need to post on that forum and explain what is going on. Being updated is always best - not being updated is extremely frustrating especially with something like this.But like I say on the user download page the 4 split files were there, but when I refreshed the page shortly after they had gone. So hopefully they are still working on it now.Tim

Yes, they must be working as i can see the page has changed. However i cant even post of their forum, altthough i can access the download page :( it says im not authorised to post.Regards,Darren Taylor

Guest Tim

Hi Dassman,yep its the same with me, and a lot of people on the forum. If you registered recently the activation for your forum registration would not have been sent to your email because of some problem, so therefore you can't post etc. But if you didnt register recently and have posted before then I'm not sure what the prob is.Tim

Hi all SSW Customers,I dont know what is the matter with SSW! They dont write much helping info in there forum, nor do they seem to get a simple installer and release right with the A310. Someone asked who they are. Besides I have registred in there forum, but I get no permission to write there in any way!So, I checked up who they are. The money went to the "Atlantic Coast PLC Shareware Village" in Devon UK. But everyone knows that they are from russia.So, they have NOT an full impressum with the info who they are at there website. I dont know if they have to have one, but in Germany I know I do have to have such info somewhere easy to find if I do commercial businuess. How is it in UK, USA etc.? But in Russia?Who would help me put legal pressure uppon them to provide us with more and better info about them and there project? I would even go for a international law notification against them if they do not cooperate with us.Here is the info I got:Registrant: Evgueni M Protchoukhanov Litovskiy b-r 9/7-109 Moscow, Moscow 117593 Russian Federation Registrar: Domain people Inc. Domain Name: simsoftworkshop.com Created on .............TUE AUG 06 04:52:45 2002 Expires on .............WED AUG 06 07:52:43 2003 Record last updated on .WED MAR 26 02:00:25 2003 Administrative Contact: Evgueni M Protchoukhanov Evgueni Protchoukhanov Litovskiy b-r 9/7-109 Moscow, Moscow 117593, RU ( )7 095 4271881 () evgueni_pro@starnet.ru Technical Contact: Evgueni M Protchoukhanov Evgueni Protchoukhanov Litovskiy b-r 9/7-109 Moscow, Moscow 117593, RU ( )7 095 4271881 () evgueni_pro@starnet.ru Billing Contact: Evgueni M Protchoukhanov Evgueni Protchoukhanov Litovskiy b-r 9/7-109 Moscow, Moscow 117593, RU ( )7 095 4271881 () evgueni_pro@starnet.ru Domain servers in listed order: ns1.hostfield.net 212.119.53.2 ns2.hostfield.net 212.15.121.6 (simsoftworkshop.com) Register your domain name at http://www.domainpeople.com

Guest A321

I would Imagine that the devon thing is a clearing house for SWREG in the uk, are you from the UK?. I could be off the mark here, or maybe its someting else. Im now a little dubious, if we are making payments to SSW, and another company receives the money. I highly doubt this is a rip off or a con, but they are not installing much confidence.I really thing the community needs to appoint a ruling body for this. We need like a Payware certificate eg an AVSIM credited Addon Provider voted by the community, where by we can trust in the developer. I really think this would help both developers and customers. If all goes well we should be A310 pilots before the days out. Lets give them another chance to come across.Jason

I don't think it is nescessary to put any more pressure on them yet."Atlantic Coast PLC Shareware Village" is SWREG who handle software registrations on behalf of a multitude of software companies (not just Flight Sim) and have done so for years.RegardsRussell Jourdain (NZL007/ZK-RHJ)

Guest Tim

HiYep I think they are working on it now - hopefully like you say Jason it should be out by end of day :SI'm not sure about this SWREG thing, but UK2000 scenery uses it for their online orders, and when I purchased part 5 from there it was all fine.Tim

Whenever there's a payware plane released ..... everyone rushes to buy it ..... everybody forgets that FS payware groups have a long history of doing this! I decided to wait before buying .... I wanted to see how successful the whole process was .... I'm glad that I waited!I'm sure that, when the next payware plane is released, you will ALL buy it IMMEDIATELY .... again!:-lol I hope your probs get sorted :)

Hi,no, look my sign, I am german. At EDDM. I am a customer of SSW as well and got my moscow scenery and payed for the A310 at the 2th day after release. My firewall blocked the headder where the navigation buttons are. So as I deactivated my firewall and reloaded there website, I saw the nav and the button for the forum. Would I have seen that befor, I would not have paid for the A310 yet. If they are good, they should have a rented server somewhere in UK, DE or US for the download stuff what they release and a programmer who knows how to do a installer and how to provide that uppon release. So, by end of the week I gonna either see the base installer files in my member area or I ask you guys again if we could put up a tream to put real pressure uppon them. I know I would get my money back soon and fast if I wanna, but that's notthe point. Everyone have to learn how the rules of the free economics and marketing are and that they as well work within the FS2kX market. They cannot tell us a release day, even provide files with that at the date, but they doesnt work and are null zero file size and or have other problems and server problems etc. Every one else whom releases commercial FS2k2 ADDONS are testing if the server works and if the installer works etc. befor release, right? So, third day... I am ###### and fascinated!

I even waited two days. I never experienced that after the second day it doesnt work, even though it may be slow for broadband, but with a flatrate I dont care as far I get the files downloaded and isntalled!

Guest A321

Hi can sombody ask on their fourm or confirm if we will get a new download today. Thanks Jason

BTW, Jason, u can use email from posting above to ask your questions to SSW Manager :)

From their front page...A310 download is temporarily disabled. We're working on new ftp access software and it will be complete within next 24 hours. We apologize for inconvenience.Also we get many emails about user activation and downloads. Now you all know about downloads and please also read about user activation in A310-300 support forum.RegardsRussell Jourdain (NZL007/ZK-RHJ)