Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ken_Salter

SSW maybe will work if....

Guest A321

>BTW, Jason, u can use email from posting above to ask your>questions to SSW Manager :)I would and do, I have been emailing them very politley for days, but to no avail. They only seem to answer in the fourm, So...... :)

Hi all. I'm too a frustrated SSW-customer, although "customer" is not quite right word because there is not much to concume from them except corrupted zip files.I pre-ordered the A310 in february and first got the impression that the people behind SSW are "trustable", but that impression faded completely after the latest "disaster". As Darren Taylor and Tim and seemingly many others, i'm not able to post in the SSW forums, that's why i moved over here. I personally think this happens not by chance, but SSW just wants to keep themselves clear of too much critique and negative posts about the way they deal or better do not deal with the problem!I already wrote two E-Mails to their support adress, but - oh what a surprise - did not get an answer yet.I don't remember who stated this first, but for me it also seems, that SSW were not ready for release on July 14th. If i'd been them, i would have prepared the installer at first and tested it before release, not only a few hours before, especially if i wanted to implement such an obviously complicated feature like this registration tool they were talking about.In real buissness, if a thing like this would have happend and the release is delayed on and on, the company would have had to pay a conventional fee due to this delay. Sorrowfully nobody of us did sign a contract with SSW and nobody really needs the A310 to work with, so apart from the anger and the already spent 33,95$(was that the reduction) no real damage happend to us - hopefully.I also ordered the 737NG from PMDG just when it was released. They also had their initial problems with the release and it also took me three E-Mails to get an answer from the developer.I told him that the main problem with all those downloadable addons and their developers is the lack of communication, if something goes wrong. Finally he answered and explained himself. And from my point of view the support from PMDG is better now.That's what's frustrating me the most with SSW. They throw a fragment of the puzzle in front of you and the rest you have to guess for yourself, nobody knows what's happening behind the scenes!But the heck(sorry), as a "customer" if i spent 5$ or this 33,95$ i have the right to know what they are doing with my money!!! If "Evgueni" has the time to attach screenshots to his posts(to keep us interested? - are we still in kindergarden?), he also should have time to give a statement from time to time, and not only:"we are working on that problem", or "we already know about that".To finish this, finally i think most of us(me included) are pretty inconsequent! Why don't we all ask for refund and leave them until they are really finished, i guess that would put the most pressure on them...i tell you why - because we've seen already to much of this promising bird and in that way their marketing went perfect!But the other most important tool is COMMUNICATION!!!!!That's all for now, sorry that it got rather long but i needed to get rid of that.Regards to you all and happy waiting, MICHAEL.

Would be great to have this bird by the weekend :)

Guest A321

>Would be great to have this bird by the weekend :)I also hope so to. I really think SSW must be getting fed up to, and they are probley striving to get it out as well, at least I hope they are. I want it by tonight, but i dont mind friday night.Jason

Guest Tim

HiYup tonight would be good too and tomorrow night. Next Tues I'm on holiday for 2 weeks - so would like to have a go flying it before then :DTim

>From their front page...>>A310 download is temporarily disabled. We're working on new>ftp access software and it will be complete within next 24>hours. We apologize for inconvenience.>>Also we get many emails about user activation and downloads.>Now you all know about downloads and please also read about>user activation in A310-300 support forum.>>Will the ftp access also solve the problem with the corrupted files.We don't need a new download source, if the files themself won't work.Michael.

Guest A321

IF I even get one more corrupted file, Ill blow my top. There is no need for file corruption, If the server cant handle it then they should buy more bandwith or get a new host. For god sake cant they just sort this out. Im never buying another thing from them again unless they really have got it all sorted. Whats funny is the Moscow scenry went without a hitch.Why did the file size suddenly bloat from 60MB to almost 80MB? hmmmAlso they want to be sorting out the Fourm as well so I can give them more words of encourgement when and if it all goes wrong again :-aol Jason

> take for example New PMDG> and go in flight> __________________> Evgueni> SSW Team> evgueni@simsoftworkshop.comSee - that's what's making me angry. He is able to give some stupid comments but not able to give a view or perspective on what they are planning to do with the software problem.x( Michael.

Guest A321

Why on earth is he talking abou PMDG. Well since I cant post on the fourm ill say this.For all your information..I was and still am FLYING the PMDG bird on RELEASE DAY, oh and I downloaded it with about 1000 other people at the same time, and guess what?? NO CORRUPTED FILES, yup all four files were fine.Yes a few bugs, But it is still very flyable, Oh and i ACTUALLY HAVE IT ON MY HARD DRIVE. Do you really want to start using others as examples? becuase others will do the same. Take the tree from your eye before you take the stick from others.I would not mind in the least a few bugs, bugs are normal. What aint normal is dead installers, lame downloads, and zero information.:-fume

Well I am sure SSW will learn from this. But they should also learn about giving support and information. I think PMDG did (doing) very well with that. They are keeeping us very informed and every email I sent to PMDG was answered promptly. Just for that reason I definately will be buying another PMDG product. SSW product, well......another story.

Guest WorkingStiff

>>Well I am sure SSW will learn from this. But they should also learn about giving support and information.<< Well, actually I hope you guys learn from this but my gut feeling is that you did not or would not. I simply cannot understand the need to rush to get the lastest plane/panel the minute it is released. Seems to me that developers are quite aware of this "lemming-like" behavior and are capitalizing on it. Wasn't it just this weekend that Flight1/DreamFleet released not one, but two aircraft, and folks were rushing breathlessly to download them?I could go on but this will probably degenerate into an argument.

Guest A321

>>>Well I am sure SSW will learn from this. But they should>also learn about giving support and information.<< >>>Well, actually I hope you guys learn from>this but my gut feeling is that you did not or would not. I>simply cannot understand the need to rush to get the lastest>plane/panel the minute it is released. Seems to me that>developers are quite aware of this "lemming-like" behavior and>are capitalizing on it. Wasn't it just this weekend that>Flight1/DreamFleet released not one, but two aircraft, and>folks were rushing breathlessly to download them?>>I could go on but this will probably degenerate into an>argument.Hold on a second.. Your right, but if nobody buys it first day, who weill review it and let others know. There has to be some guinney pigsalso a lot of us pre-ordered way back in april under the pretense it was out in a few weeks and that pre-orders would get first crack at downloading it, to ease server bandwith.Jason