Sign in to follow this  
MrSpeaker

Lights are all messed up

This just started happening (I think) after installing a repaint off of the PMDG website EVA MD11F, my landing and taxi lights don't work, but if I turn on the PNL Floods, the taxi and landing lights come on however only one of the landing lights the other one does not extend or come on. I use fs2crew aswell, but I have been using both for months no with no problems, infact I just did a flight last night things were fine, I installed the EVA classic repaint today and now all these light problems. Anyone have a suggestion, I really don't want to do a complete install of the MD11. PS FSX version

This just started happening (I think) after installing a repaint off of the PMDG website EVA MD11F, my landing and taxi lights don't work, but if I turn on the PNL Floods, the taxi and landing lights come on however only one of the landing lights the other one does not extend or come on. I use fs2crew aswell, but I have been using both for months no with no problems, infact I just did a flight last night things were fine, I installed the EVA classic repaint today and now all these light problems. Anyone have a suggestion, I really don't want to do a complete install of the MD11. PS FSX version
Hey Ian,This sounds like an FSX bug that I have had myself. It happened to a Default flight I had. The only way I could fix it was to set a default flight with a FSX default aircraft (new file name, don't save over), make it your default. Restart FSX, choose whatever aircraft you want ie.MD-11, and load it up.You could also try as above, but do the swap once inside FSX. I tried tons of things and like many FSX default flight mysteries couldn't figure it out. I am going off of memory here so am pretty sure the above steps will work. The only other thing I may have done, was load FSX with a GE, then once in the sim changed it to PW, or reverse as needed in your case. There have been many strange issues I have fixed that all point to the default flight somehow getting corrupt, even the reported ASA high TAT issue. I have not had the problem happen again since keeping my default as a cessna 182rg and loading the pmdg of choice after. It makes 0 sense but it works. Maybe in that case, its because default flights have wx files tied to them?Anywho, This of course has nothing to do with PMDG specific A/C since I have had numerous default flight issues way before ever getting one of the PMDG ones.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Hey Ian,This sounds like an FSX bug that I have had myself. It happened to a Default flight I had. The only way I could fix it was to set a default flight with a FSX default aircraft (new file name, don't save over), make it your default. Restart FSX, choose whatever aircraft you want ie.MD-11, and load it up.You could also try as above, but do the swap once inside FSX. I tried tons of things and like many FSX default flight mysteries couldn't figure it out. I am going off of memory here so am pretty sure the above steps will work. The only other thing I may have done, was load FSX with a GE, then once in the sim changed it to PW, or reverse as needed in your case.
Its funny you mentioned the default flight thing Dan, I just made a flight file for The Maddog, and selected it as the Default Flight, I'm sure that has something to do with it. I'll try doing what you said, Im in the air right now, I'll let ya know. Thanks