Sign in to follow this  

Flight Sim on Discovery Wings Channel Got 12Mil?

Guest SuperFlight2002

What a cool show on the uses of Flight simulation tecnologies and some of the coolest teasers of FS2004 from Microsoft (wow the rain drops accutally spread on the windshield!) I was wondering how others felt about the show that had a chance to catch it. I think that it was a very good documentury I learned a thing or two from it!P.S. If anyone got 12Mil for a full motion CAE simulator give me a shout! :-lol Just Kidding! If you did have this kinda a money to blow on a system like this boy are you lucky!

Guest paulri

Excellent show. Being an OLD (note caps :-) ) retired Army Aviator, I was impressed with the sim training today's Army pilots receive. Sure beats the old "blue canoe" Link trainer I started on in the late 50s.And if I had 12mil, I would sure not waste it on a sim--a KA350 or even a Lear would be just fine for me. :-lol Paul

hi,I thought it was OK. It would have been way better if they would have done an entire hour on Fs2004 ;-) instead of 45 minitues on Apache helicopter simulators and 15 minutes on fs2004.Andrew

Guest Lobaeux4

I agree , I thought it was a little too focused on military simulators, but I guess that's where you're going to find some cool uses for it. And I'm in the military, gotta say our simulator for the C-130 didn't look that cool!! The outside visuals, although wrap around, still look FS98-ish. But, I thought it was still pretty good.Is this a series? The way it said "premiere" I was wondering if anyone knew if this is going to be some sort of "flight sim" series or not.Lobaeux

I also agree, the show was OKAY, way too overhyped here @ AVSIM. It was a little to focused on the military use. Even the part about the creation of flight-sim didn't seem that amazing, the screenshots and video they showed wasn't inspiring, I've seen better in the screen shot forum here. But the thing that got me the most was when you hear the develepors repeatedly say, "We are striving to model our aircraft as ACURRATELY as possible."-yeah i had to laugh at that too! I did enjoy the part about the commercial flight sim use, pretty cool, wish it was longer... but if I had $12 million, I'd be in a real jet!And I think this was a one-time show not a series. Nick