Sign in to follow this  
OHN

Discovery Wings Flight Sim Ready

Guest Id Rather Be Flying

I have a VCD of JUST the Flight Simulator 2004 stuff from Discovery Channel. It's about 15 Minutes Long and about 150Megs File Size.Anyone want to host the file on their server?? I can upload it to you.I also have a full DVD compliant MPEG2 ready to go on DVD with Chapters of the Whole Thing as well as a FULL VCD to put on CD if anyone wants it. Let me know ideas to get it to the rest of the community who don't have Discovery Wings.

Carmine,Email me at goflyakite@optonline.net. I can host it. I don't get the dang Discovery Wings channel yet on my cable system and would like to see it myself.MarkMark[/color]Old Bridge (3N6) New Jersey[/color] AOPA Member since 1999 #02624412[/color][/color][link:www.gaservingamerica.org/|General Aviation Serving America Website][/color][/b][link:www.aopa.org/|http://www.infogamer.com/images/aopa3.jpg]Support the Re-Opening of Meigs Airport![/color][link:www.aopa.org/whatsnew/newsitems/2003/03-2-019x.html|Join AOPA in the Fight! - 12-Point Plan][link:www.friendsofmeigs.org|Visit Friends of Meigs Website!][link:live6.truelook.com/face/newface.jsp?func=live&useapplet=true&name=/adler/skyeye/camera1]Meigs CAM LIVE]My Rig ("COLOSSUS" [/color]aka: Mellow Yellow Lime[/color])ASUS P4PE Intel 845PE Chipset DDR333 Rev. 1.03 w/ all the goodies except Gigabyte LanIntel Northwood Pentium 4 2.4BGHz SL6EF C1 Stepping Processor System Bus 533 MHz 512KB L2 Cache (Pack Date 01/16/03) ---> @ 2.8GHz on Air CoolingThermaltake Spark 7 Copper Heatsink@4500RPM + Arctic Silver 3 Thermal Compound1 x Corsair Micro 512M XMS PC3500 DDR400 CAS2 Memory with Muscle StickATI 9700 Radeon Pro AGP 8x 4x Bus 128MSound Blaster Audigy 2 coupled to Logitech Z-640's 5.1 Speakers2 x Maxtor 200 GIG 7200RPM HD'sVantec Clear Copper Floppy and Silver Round IDE CablesMatrix Orbital GPU LCD Multi Display (Yellow Backlit) <- GET THIS PANEL!Matric Orbital GPU LCD Multi Display (Yellow Text) Custom External MountPioneer 16x Slot Drive DVD-ROMAntec True Power 550W PSAntec Performance SX800II Series Tower w/ Plexi Side Panel w/ Blowhole + Antec 80MM Green Tri LED Fan. 5 x Antec 80MM Duel Ball Bearing Fans = 3 in Front Intake connected to Antec True Power PS - 2 in Rear Exaust at full throttle. Sunbeam Cold Cathode Florescent Lighting = 1 x 12" Green Tube + 1 x 12" Yellow Tube installed in Case Interior, 2 x 10" Yellow Tubes installed inside Front Panel Grill. iiyama 21" Vision Master 502 Flat Sceen MonitorSony 18" SuperFlat LCD Monitor on Digital Optput of ATI 9700 ProMicrosoft Optical IntelliMouse USB 5 Button Wheel w/Red LEDMicrosoft IntlilType Split KeyboardCH Products USB Flight Sim Yoke + Rudder PedalsLogitech Wingman Strike Force 3D USB Force Feedback JoystickLogitech Extreme Digital 3D USB JoystickMicrosoft Sidewinder Duel Strike USB Game Controller JoystickSuncom G-Force Plau Flight YokeMicrosoft Flight Simulator 2004 "Century of Flight"Windows XP Professional Edition SP1Dell AXIM Pocket PC 400MHz with Super CradleRex 6000 Pocket PDASandisk External Multi Memory Card Reader[/color

Guest Id Rather Be Flying

Mark, I sent you an email on where you want me to upload the file. Or I can give you a link to download from my personal email server.

Guest G_Nava

I also have a 10 mins video of just the flight sim part and it's 100mb in Windows Media format (1500kb/s) if anyone wants to upload it to a server for streaming let me know. Here's a capture to show the quality of the video.http://forums.avsim.com/user_files/23790.jpgSaludos :-waveGerardo Nava"Venezolano all the way"[p]"Flying isn't dangerous. Crashing its what's dangerous." http://mysite.verizon.net/res09dz0/mynewsig.jpg

All that are talking about posting thie show BE advised that is a violation of the Copyright held by the original authors and Discovery Channel. Any posting of the files will be subject to possible legal action by those partieshttp://www.avsim.com/pages/robert/kirkland.jpg

Guest Ken_Salter

Discovery Wings is "payware" channel...at least I have to pay for it to get it (which I don't).Do not post any links to any recordings, or I will have to remove them.http://saltydogfly2.avsim.net/images/avsim_sig.jpg"I am the keeper of the cheese; you are the lemon merchant"

Guest RSmith

Hey guys, FYI, D.Wings, via DirecTV, is rerunning the show - at least they did last night. I missed the 1st part at 8, but caught the entire broadcast @ 11...... If I recall, D.Wings usually runs the same shows repeatedly over time - so it may be on for awhile, to view "legally". Check your listings - maybe visit a sports bar and ask for Discovery ! I enjoyed parts of the show, but much information was common knowledge to those of us that read about simulators - military, commercial, or "game" based. The COF presentation was limited in scope / depth, and not as impressive (to me) as the other simulator information presented. We have had more details shared by the beta crew, than was on last night.Best part of show, for me, was to see the MS team working on FS, and the introductions to the designers actually responsible for various aspects of the software. It was also good to see Bruce Williams !PS: I still "hate it", when FS is called a "game"........ LOL !...... And, I can't wait to see someone post their system specs., with "500" P4 chips - equivilant to what the show says top Military sims use.... RonKORL

HiSaw it too and was`nt impressed.One thing was the stuttering in spotplane though.I can`t believe MS allowed that to happen.

I certainly dont hope it stutters in spotview, that will be a major showstopper for me, as that is my favourite view, but this is not the first i hear about this, i really hope this only happens on lower end machines.OHN