Sign in to follow this  
nriddell

New CRJ....for X-plane

Hey guys - have a look at this:

Looks like X-plane may be starting to catch up in terms of visual models.I was wondering what the guys at PMDG and the PMDG supporters (myself included) think about the features on this plane. My favourites have to be: 1) The dimming lights and the quality of the lighting in general2) The quality of the displays and monitors and the way they interact with the light3) The quality of the 3d objects - everything looks so crisp and sharp in that cockpitThe co-pilot is a nice feature as well!!Would be interesting to hear what you think and PMDG's opinion on how they think this will compare to the forthcoming 737NGCheersNeil Riddell

Guest 413X3

fs is limited with lighting options. too bad they didn't make that beauty for fsx thoughI would say the JS41 is of the same high quality

What's with the way the cockpit displays look like they're super recessed into the frames? The frames look like they protrude too much outward compared to photos to me too. Looks nice otherwise though - we'll have to see how the systems & FDE fidelity is after it comes out.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Have fun with the FS2002 scenery graphics!I'll stick to FSX, tyvm.

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

Perhaps scenery in X-Plane has potential to catch on to what we are used to seeing in FSX?

Keith Guillory

Perhaps scenery in X-Plane has potential to catch on to what we are used to seeing in FSX?
Sure would be nice. Comparing it to Fs2002 is being pretty generous!

I'm curious. What aspects of XP 9.41 look like FS2002? It's seems too bad it takes 6 DVDs to generate the same quality as FS2002. Can anyone share some screen shots to compare?

Keith Guillory

Guest Callmecapt

Another X Plane Vs FSX thread.There are a lot of misconceptions about X Plane. Which is a shame really. FS2002 scenery?hmm, ok. FS2002 was 3 CD's (If I remember). X plane is 6 DVD's. How does that equate to FS2002 scenery. Please guys, unless you have spent a considerable amount of time in X Plane, I think it's a little improper to judge how it works. By the way, the CRJ has been developed to simulate approximately 97% of systems and performance of the real thing. Goran

Another X Plane Vs FSX thread.There are a lot of misconceptions about X Plane. Which is a shame really. FS2002 scenery?hmm, ok. FS2002 was 3 CD's (If I remember). X plane is 6 DVD's. How does that equate to FS2002 scenery. Please guys, unless you have spent a considerable amount of time in X Plane, I think it's a little improper to judge how it works. By the way, the CRJ has been developed to simulate approximately 97% of systems and performance of the real thing. Goran
Goran,I couldn't agree more. I honestly have not seen the comparison between these two as an example. I was just hoping someone could show a side by side view. If FS2002 has been upgraded extensively, I might delete my X-Plane, FS2004 and FSX. I know X-Plane has it's differences and not everyone will ever take to it as a side-by-side to Microsoft Flightsims, or as a replacement. However, if you have not kept up with the latest versions or continuous updates, you might compare earlier renderings to earlier MSFS versions. Here's a couple of shots in Australia with renderings turned up but not maxed.

Keith Guillory

By the way, the CRJ has been developed to simulate approximately 97% of systems and performance of the real thing.
Really!! That would be incredible if that was the case - that is the true essence of simulation in my opinion.

Guest Callmecapt

I've seen screenshots and videos that other people haven't seen of the CRJ. I also speak to the person who is programming the CRJ on a semi daily basis and what he has shown me leaves me nothing short of amazed. I don't mean to hijack the PMDG forums to discuss the CRJ-200, but I think this whole FSX/FS9 vs X Plane debate a bit pointless. No one is stopping anyone from owning both. It's not an exclusive club. I gave X Plane a go and loved it. So much so, I have started developing add ons for it. But I'm not going to divulge what they are in a PMDG forum.You can always PM me.;)Goran

Impressive videos. The night lighting is very atmospheric. I never realised X-plane could produce aircraft like that.Cheers for posting.Rhydian