Sign in to follow this  
jacsantos

Systems Failures and addon aircraft

If this topic has been addressed before then provide a link to the original post.How come more addon aircraft developers don't include complex failures (fires and such) in the aircraft they sell? To my knowledge, the only successful addon that includes this is PIC 767 and 320. Is it that much harder to model or people are just not interested?

I "knew" a man who either jumped or was sucked out of the cockpit of his burning aircraft, when he opened the canopy. I guess I'm not interested in catastrophic "fire" simulation. Maybe just some warning bells or something.L.Adamson

Boy I hope that no one thinks that is why I asked this question. I am looking for something like the engine failures that come with FS2002 except it would allow you to go through the fire procedures. Believe me, I was not referring to a plane engulfed in flames. The warnings and bells is MORE than enough. Am I way off base with this question?

Dont worry ;) you were more than polite regarding the question. It's just that almost everybody here at the forums is having alot to reply regarding new and old addon's and a few problems associated, me included ;).About your question, is a matter of complexity of the product realy. The majority of developers provides a more or less complete package (model, panel, sounds, texture manager, load manager..) enabling a level of funcionality that reflects the level of commitment or the objectives for a product. There are some that make incomplete panels or overheads or radios or fmc or a bit of everything, and other model all there is to it. Failures add an increased level of complexity because these failures rely most of the time in features that are often not modelated.....This complexity is rare to find because it takes a lot more time reserching, implementing, finding walkarounds for inevitable limitations in the sofware, produces alot more items to test, all this reflecting in the final price of the product, and in the target of the product, being more complex some times makes people run away from it (not my case ;) ) there are ofcourse more reasons but these give some ideas (I hope)!RegardsSantos(LPAV)