Sign in to follow this  
Guest PPSFA

FSX makes the big time!

Guest PPSFA

I have been making videos using FS for years for a company that does recurrent and safety training for corporate flight depts.I noticed a while back that AOPA started using FS as well on their websiteNow, ABC News used it tonight when talking about the AA Jamica crash! Looks like others are finding real world uses for our favorite sim, if it's good enough for ABC, it's good enough for me! :(

I have been making videos using FS for years for a company that does recurrent and safety training for corporate flight depts.I noticed a while back that AOPA started using FS as well on their websiteNow, ABC News used it tonight when talking about the AA Jamica crash! Looks like others are finding real world uses for our favorite sim, if it's good enough for ABC, it's good enough for me! :(
Do you by chance have any video of the news segment?

I watched the videos at abc and all I saw was Google Earth being shown once.

Guest PPSFA
Do you by chance have any video of the news segment?
I didn't tape it but it was on the 6:30 nightly news on TV, not their website.

I saw the video, and it was Microsoft Flight Simulator X including a label indicating so. Not the quality I've seen from fellow simmers and slide-show framerates.

Art

Did they have GEX, UTX, FEX, REX 2.0, FS Genesis Active Sky Advanced, PMDG, Level-D, Captainsim, FSdreamteam, Fly Tampa and all the rest installed? :(

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

They didn't have ASA installed???How could they possibly recreate the weather in Kingston at the time of the crash?

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

Did you also happen to notice the ABC News headline:"FSX . . . good enough to simulate a crash!!!" :( That was left wide open and I just couldn't resist the poke. . .

We also don't know which OS ABC was using: XP, Vista, 7, and with which Service Packs, and at 32 or 64bit? Then, of course, there's also the usual hardware and tuning issues to consider as well!

Frank L.T