Sign in to follow this  
Guest jason2112

Just purchased the Carenado 210!

Shane,Thanks for the response. I've been using imagetool to get rid of the mip maps for extra sharpness. (In the case of 32-bit, it seems like I have to convert to DXT3 first, or I end up with a black plane. Do you know a way around this?) In any case, I didn't want to buy the 210 without knowing I'd be able to "sharpen" it up.John

If you always fly with reflections off, converting from DXT3 (which encodes things like reflections via a mipmap) to DXT1 dramatically reduces the size of the texture and minimizes the hit to video memory, thus an improvement in performance, maybe...(Please jump in if this is inaccurate)Imagetool is a utility that comes with one of the microsoft SDKs.

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

Anthony,I've found that at least with my video card (GF2 MMX), I need to have mip maps removed so the aircraft textures don't go smoothed (blurry) when viewed from an extreme angle. You can do this with imagetool.exe found at FS20002/gmax/Flightsim/gamepacks/Flightsim.John

Well, for cross country flights I have the Flight1 Meridian and 421C. I was looking for something nice to putter around the local area with and take occasional short trips. They would both do fine for me. As Glen put it, I'm looking at them from a manufacturer's standpoint. The 152 looks like it was developed by all the big names in the business and I've always been happy with my other Flight1 products. As for Carenado, I've never bought a plane from them before but those screenshots look oh so good. And since people are saying the panel and FDE match the visual quality, I think my mind has been made up. See you in the skies with my shiny new 210!- Kenny B

Guest anthonye

You mention about the "superb VC and 2D cockpit renditions".I have just installed and found that there is no panel light switch, even clicking all other light switches to "on" does not make main panel turn on, it seems that you have to hit "L", then the lot is on, not very good.Cowl flap warning light does not work, and the cowl lever is a bit fiddly to use.Very small fuel gauges that are un-readable to show fuel remaining.So far not that impressed, but if I am missing something here then please put me in my place......Anthony

>Cowl flap warning light does not work, and the cowl lever is a>bit fiddly to use.It's a bit fiddly as you say, but the warning light does work. Maybe it's not bright enough to easily see in daylight. At night, it's no problem.>>Very small fuel gauges that are un-readable to show fuel>remaining.A 22" monitor like mine works, or you can grab the corner of the 2D image & streatch it.L.Adamson

>Shane,>>Thanks for the response. I've been using imagetool to get rid>of the mip maps for extra sharpness. (In the case of 32-bit,>it seems like I have to convert to DXT3 first, or I end up>with a black plane. Do you know a way around this?) In any>case, I didn't want to buy the 210 without knowing I'd be able>to "sharpen" it up.>>JohnNo problem John! :)I always remove the mip-maps as well, and for the same reasons (sharpness of the textures and no blurries!).The aircraft turns all black?? Hmmmm...what video card do you have by chance??

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

I always thought that turning up the aircraft texture size to 'massize' in the display settings accomplished the same thing. Am I wrong?Thanks, Kenny B

Guest jason2112

I hope you'll like it! I'm not a real world pilot, not even a good sim pilot, so things like cowl flaps are not my top priorty ;) But from an amateur point of view, the FDE feels really good, I like the sounds, the visuals are top notch (running 1600x1200x32 on a 19" CRT), all of which makes this plane a great package for me.The 152 and 310 are both receiving some criticism, mainly for their flight models. But I would not hold that against them, as Dreamfleet customers are so accustomed to perfection that they pay attention to every little detail.Just my 2c (EUR),VOlker :]

Hi,i'm also happy Cessna 210 owner - i've purchased yesterday few hour after relase - painless shopping - you pay, you get what you have paid for instatly :-) - no stupid validations or license files that doesn't work.Plane is very nice with good FDE , you can fell that it's quite heavy - i've minor issues with prop rpm - @ full back position of prop lever ,RPM's doesn't drop below 2500 rpm - that's strange becouse manaul states that you you should get at least 2200 rpm.Erison

Guest jcomm

Ahah! Got you during an atorotation break?So now you go 210... ;-)Does it work in fs2004 too? I'll probably get it as well - saving a lot now that I gave up buying x-plane 7... :-)

Yes...... it works in FS2004. I shouldn't have spent a day away from auto-rotating though, because my failure rate went way up! Must have thought I was flying planes or something! :)L.Adamson

I have the same issue with the prop rpm. I also can't seem to get the NAV ident to work. I sent Carenado a email regarding these issues. I'll let you know what I hear, if anything. :)Matt Zagoren

Guest product

I would also be interested to know if they respond to customer input, if so I'd love to send a few comments myself.Best,Joel

They've always responded to my emails.:)

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3