Sign in to follow this  
Guest jason2112

Just purchased the Carenado 210!

I just realized that the problem with the prop rpm might lie in the aircraft.cfg file. I'm at work so I can't look but I wonder what the "min_gov_rpm=" value under the propellor section is set to? I just remembered that the default Cessna 182 is set to 1500 rpm. I wonder if this is set to 2500 rpm in the C-210? Anyone have quick access to their copy of the C-210?The curiosity is killing me...:)Matt Zagoren

Guest PhilC

The 210 does seem to have a few bugs...Has anyone figured out how to turn on the transponder? Mine is set to off and will not accept any mouseclick except to adjust the frequency.Also, in VC mode does anyone else see the left and right views as too high? I can't see anything but the door when looking left or right. Looks OK in 2D mode.Haven't had a chance to fly her yet, just checking out the interior so far.

Guest SoarPics

Matt... in my aircraft cfg. the min_gov_rpm is 1400. At SL on a std atmosphere day my 210 settles into a 900-1000 RPM idle.Phil... my transponder is on as soon as the avionics master is turned on. ???

Hi,I cannot find anywhere this new aircraft website. Could you please be so kind to tell me where to buy it?Thanx a bunch!

Guest PhilC

My master avionics switch is on so it probably has something to do with my start-up situation but...Greg, can you turn it off? Can you get any response from the on/off switch? i.e. switching to standby or alt mode.

:( It was worth a try. I was hoping it would be something as simple as an incorrect setting. Obviously, things are more complicated than they appear...Oh well, guess I'll have to cruise with the prop set to 2500 rpm until a solution can be found...Thanks for the info Greg.Matt Zagoren

Removing the mipmaps have some negative effects too like "swimming" textures, pixel popping etc. The mipmaps are there for a reason. If you have a good videocard just crank up the Aniso and FSAA instead.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Guest SoarPics

No, Phil, I get no response from the transponder on/off switch. Also, the only switch that's active on my radios master panel is COM1. No functioning NAV idents.Matt... might be worthwhile to look at your throttle calibration. Works perfectly with my HOTAS Cougar.http://www.carenado.com/ecommerce/index.php3

Greg,The throttle controls the manifold pressure which seems to be fine. The propellor control sets the propellor rpm. It is the propellor rpm that is not functioning correctly. I'm using the keyboard command (Ctrl + F1,F2,F3,F4) to set this and it will not drop below 2500 rpm. Does the HOTAS Cougar have seperate prop and throttle controls?Matt*** EDIT ***Just found the solution. It appears that the max blade angle is set too low in the aircraft.cfg file. I've set my value to the same value as found in the default Cessna 182:beta_max=60.000000 I can now set all power settings as shown in the performance section. However, I have not tested this to see if there is any effect on cruise speed and or fuel flow. I am also not a flight dynamics wizard so changing this setting might have other undersired effects. So use at your own risk! :)

Guest SoarPics

<<>Yes<<>>Will try this when I get a chance. Thanks.

Guest product

Phil, the VC views are indeed all messed up compared to the 2D, no idea why but for me its a fatal flaw in an otherwise solid effort. Joel

Guest jason2112

The default viewpoint in the VC has been discussed before, and it seems that in the real plane the pilot has to move his head and neck quite a bit in order to get acceptable vision to the sides. The default position provides a good view over the glareshield, like I assume it would be for a tall pilot. When you take a look at the pilot's head from the outside view, all this seems to be quite right to me. There is a small problem when you zoom out and view to the sides, you see parts of the pilot's seat. Maybe I'll change my default position a little bit, we'll see.The avionics department indeed seems to have some problems, I did not find them on my first flight. But still I find this a very enjoyable plane. But it would be great if Carenado would fix the avionics problems!VOlker :]

Guest jason2112

And, of course, I included your audio panel in the config as well, so I don't have any problem hearing the sweet morse code identifier of the radio source that will guide me home :)Thanks for your fine avionics, Jean-Luc!VOlker :]