Sign in to follow this  
Guest mruane

No Kiwis at VATPAC ? ?!!

Can someone explain where all the Newzealand info (maps, tutorials) has gone at vatpac.org ? There is absolutely nothing on NZL there, though it should cover more than Australia... Any idea where to get approach and landing charts for New Zealand (espec. Queenstown) ?? Thanks, J

Guest allblack

Hi Jorg,Can't answer you question, but as a Kiwi who flew into Queenstown for the first time this year, it was pretty awesome!Captain gave us all a big lecture about how if he has to throw the power on at the last minute, not to panic etc because it could be bad visibility.I think I was one of the few on the plane who knew what he was talking about, and how tough it must be for these guys with no ILS.Though the airport in FS is pretty poor compared to the real thing - not sure what you're expecting but you may be disappointed.CheersAllblack

Guest mruane

One place for NZ based stuff is http://www.kiwifly.org/ but I have just checked there and the site is currently down.I have VOR/DME approach charts for NZQN (which is about all there is as far as I know) - I don't think it is ILS equiped.Let me know your email address and I will forward them to you, they are in PDF format.Make sure you get the 150 mesh scenery from http://www.geographx.co.nz/ it does make a difference to the way the whole southern region is represented in FS. It is a free download but for private use only.Cheers Mike

>One place for NZ based stuff is http://www.kiwifly.org/ but I>have just checked there and the site is currently down.>>I have VOR/DME approach charts for NZQN (which is about all>there is as far as I know) - I don't think it is ILS equiped.>>Let me know your email address and I will forward them to you,>they are in PDF format.>>Make sure you get the 150 mesh scenery from>http://www.geographx.co.nz/ it does make a difference to the>way the whole southern region is represented in FS. It is a>free download but for private use only.>>Cheers Mike> I bought the 40m Mesh of NZ ($100NZD), and all I can say is WOW. If you think the 150m is good (and it is), the 40m is amazing. It adds so much realism. Eleveations so detailed, I find myself flying 500ft AGL all over the place. Ive flown the Hamilton to Aukland SH1 route many times now. :) NZWN to NZPP or NZPM is just as fun. :)Nick

Guest CapHavoc

Howdy,No, just temporarily unavailable :-) From what I seem to rememeber from recent discussions on the kiwifly list, there is a new owner, and the site should be back up soon.

Guest christian

The CAA has decided to make charts available for free on the net, and it's going to happen pretty soon now (a matter of days/weeks). Keep your eyes peeled at www.airways.co.nz.Cheers, Christian

Guest mruane

I saw the 40m Mesh and wondered if it was worth buying. So - reading between the lines - you reckon its worthwhile...Wellington to Paraparaumu following SH1 would be a challenge using the 150m Mesh (especially in PIC767 at 500') but does it represent the city area better, if so it could be worth the investment.Appreciate the feedback.Cheers Mike