Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ken_Salter

...SSW, when will it work?

Well, after the previous topic got closed due to some bad words from a writer, i think for some of us it is still important to keep each other informed and to interchange experiences and thoughts about what's going on at SSW, as we are sorrowfully not able to post in their forums.

Guest Tim

HiYep true. It is fairly frustrating about not being able to post in the SSW forum. I wanted answer somebodies post about them moaning about the A300 - but can't. But SSW are working hard on other things, and I actually think people not being able to post on the forum is good as it potentially could speed things up.Tim

...same with me. By the way, i personally think, before everybody starts moaning about the release of and either free or not free upgrade to the A300, we should wait until this A310 went online.Cheers, Michael

One more word regarding the forums. Just tried to invite other registed SSW users to come over here via private messaging in the SSW forum - this feature also is disabled - strange...Michael

Guest Tim

HiYep, people who have registered recently or never activated their account properly in the past will not be able to post or use any functions on the forum. I registered a few days ago and never recieved an activation link in my email box. And have found out this is a known prob.Tim

Guest Ashleigh Davidson

"interchange experiences and thoughts about what's going on at SSW"It's simple what's going on they've shut it down, don't any of you understand, it's closed until they get things right, how on earth can they work on problems when you lot are wanting your nappies changed.If your concerend, simple answer, ask SWREG for a refund, buy when things are up and running. It's no good wanting to "interchange experiences and thoughts" you will not make things better, only hamper what is being done.Attempting to send private messages like, "I cant get my plane and I think I've pooped myself will get you zilch".

Yes it's a very good idea to make this thread in AVSIM forums fuction as an unoficial SSW forum, at least we (the costumers) don't feel like the only ones having problems or not havig our conserns replyed.I for one payed in the 15th and STILL don't belong to the registered users database (I can't activate the acount). I'm the only one? Im asking because some of the costumers that bought in the 16th have already access to the download zone.Santos(LPAV)

>"interchange experiences and thoughts about what's going on>at SSW">>It's simple what's going on they've shut it down, don't any of>you understand, it's closed until they get things right, how>on earth can they work on problems when you lot are wanting>your nappies changed.>>If your concerend, simple answer, ask SWREG for a refund, buy>when things are up and running. It's no good wanting to>"interchange experiences and thoughts" you will not make>things better, only hamper what is being done.>>Attempting to send private messages like, "I cant get my plane>and I think I've pooped myself will get you zilch".>>>>Well, Ashley.Read the previous, now closed discussion about this topic and my article, before you state SMART answers like that.Regarding the flow of information, things are improving a little over at SSW. At least they stated on their website what they are working on, but that took long enough. Have a nice day and btw, what does "zilch" mean?Regards, Michael.

Hi Santos.Don't worry. I think after all the problems SSW got with their release, i think everything got a little messed up. I believe they are working hard on solving the problem, and after that they will sort out the other problems as well. At the moment there is nothing to be downloaded anyway. Maybe after that, we all will get the chance to post over in their forum as well instead of leading this discussion behind the curtin. Regards, Michael

Maybe the moderator will create a heading for SSW under COMMERCIAL PRODUCTS SUPPORT FORUM for us

I agree with Ashleigh,"ZILCH" is silly American slang for nothing, nichevo, nada.you all obviously have the right to speak your minds, but the SSW folks have let you know the status and will let you know when to try again.what else do you want?the world is far from perfectI can tell you that on this planet, at this point in time, there is no group of folks more frustrated than the team of people at SSW. Having been the manager of many projects, some of which had a great deal of difficulty getting "off the ground" I totally sympathize with SSW.Patience.

Dear all,I am a MultiMedia Producer where I live and I can do international businuess. So, I am a real lot in the Internet and know how communication by internet works. I know what I have to do in order to be by the law and order when I design and release a WebSite or a graphic or a magazine article or even a total magazine in germany. Every one has to be able to see and find who I am and if I am legal to do businuess.When I wanna release a product online by ftp-file-server, I have to guess how many customers I will get and so how many downloads per minute or hour to know what kind of server and bandwith I have to rent. I have to have a impressum. I have to have minimum one way every one can get in contact with me and if that is even by an contact formular handled server sides, it is good for the customers - they dont need a pc-based e-mail software or to go to an online webmailer.So, my question is: How do I get to know how many customers I have to expect who will download my software I could wanna release? One way could be to ask every one to first register at my website as a customer in order to get access to the release stuff. So, they could give me all nedded data and get billed the day my software gets released. They would get an e-mail that I release and I would probably have the expected traffic, even a bit less, cause not everybody would want to download it right away. But I would know the max to expect. Of course I should release a almost bug-less software with a functioning installer etc.!Do you know any other way how a developer and marketing man in one person could the job done right?Why I have posted the data of SSW who they are is I could not find a needed impressum page at there website and I was curios with whom I do businuess! I know who PSS, CaptainSim, FSD, Dreamfleet, Flight1 and PMDG is and I know they release good software and if it needs ONE big patch, they will work to produce one. Some of the listed did the error of needing tooo long and too many bug-fixes. They will have learned by now how to treat customers and to not messing around with many fixes over many month etc. I hope to not seeing and experiencing any of these errors of treating customer when they produce and release ADDONS for FS2004!Do I cry and demand in forums to the developer to speed up and release new addons? NO! I myselfe design and develope, so I know how it goes. I can and will wait as long as it takes for them to produce and release a 96% bug-less ADDON. And when I see it is the release-day, I wanna download it right away to be able to enjoy it right away. First minute of release? NO way! I live 6 to 8 hours + of US and so only when it gets released at 16:00 GMT I could be one of the first to buy and download. But I am working and cannot be at attention 24h if somewhere something gets released! And maybe I dont wanna spent sooo much money about every month! So, am I a lemming?I know about the difference between SWREG and SSW and UK2000. F1 handles it for DF and for there own software.I know if I want to, I would get my money back without problems. Still I hope they will release and provide us with the base files we need. But I will not wait weeks. I wait month for there developement time. But when a company is sure the software is ready for release, this part has to go without problems handled by avsim or F1 etc. they have the bandwidth! Is F1 or avsim soooo expensive??? Well, maybe more than any server in russia! But the bandwidth there...???So,what do you think. Please no flaming, it would only raise your stress but doesnt do any good for SSW. The only way they would get hurt is when every one refunds right now! And that would teach them how to handle marketing and customer support! I would go for that way no matter the screenshots they provided us with. I have sooo many other aircrafts with and without FMC and GAs and airliners... I do not die when not flying the SSW-A310! Do you?

I posted this earlier in the other "closed" discussion. Some of my points already are invalid, but i still think that Communication could have prevented much much anger and frustration."Hi all. I'm too a frustrated SSW-customer, although "customer" is not quite right word because there is not much to concume from them except corrupted zip files.I pre-ordered the A310 in february and first got the impression that the people behind SSW are "trustable", but that impression faded completely after the latest "disaster". As Darren Taylor and Tim and seemingly many others, i'm not able to post in the SSW forums, that's why i moved over here. I personally think this happens not by chance, but SSW just wants to keep themselves clear of too much critique and negative posts about the way they deal or better do not deal with the problem!I already wrote two E-Mails to their support adress, but - oh what a surprise - did not get an answer yet.I don't remember who stated this first, but for me it also seems, that SSW were not ready for release on July 14th. If i'd been them, i would have prepared the installer at first and tested it before release, not only a few hours before, especially if i wanted to implement such an obviously complicated feature like this registration tool they were talking about.In real buissness, if a thing like this would have happend and the release is delayed on and on, the company would have had to pay a conventional fee due to this delay. Sorrowfully nobody of us did sign a contract with SSW and nobody really needs the A310 to work with, so apart from the anger and the already spent 33,95$(was that the reduction) no real damage happend to us - hopefully.I also ordered the 737NG from PMDG just when it was released. They also had their initial problems with the release and it also took me three E-Mails to get an answer from the developer.I told him that the main problem with all those downloadable addons and their developers is the lack of communication, if something goes wrong. Finally he answered and explained himself. And from my point of view the support from PMDG is better now.That's what's frustrating me the most with SSW. They throw a fragment of the puzzle in front of you and the rest you have to guess for yourself, nobody knows what's happening behind the scenes!But the heck(sorry), as a "customer" if i spent 5$ or this 33,95$ i have the right to know what they are doing with my money!!! If "Evgueni" has the time to attach screenshots to his posts(to keep us interested? - are we still in kindergarden?), he also should have time to give a statement from time to time, and not only:"we are working on that problem", or "we already know about that".To finish this, finally i think most of us(me included) are pretty inconsequent! Why don't we all ask for refund and leave them until they are really finished, i guess that would put the most pressure on them...i tell you why - because we've seen already to much of this promising bird and in that way their marketing went perfect!But the other most important tool is COMMUNICATION!!!!!That's all for now, sorry that it got rather long but i needed to get rid of that.Regards to you all and happy waiting, MICHAEL."

Guest A321

Its looking like a friday release then.Just how is this FTP software supposed to work? Is it going to work like a normal FTP? and how many people can connect at the same time?I really hope its not limited, because if it is and they have announced it on AVSIM then you can forget downloading it untill early next week, it will be overloaded.Im not moaning im just voicing my thoughts, and hope they are answered.

BRILLIANT T-A-H :) People are so obsessed with getting the latest plane! They have to get it THE VERY SECOND IT'S RELEASED! :-roll SSW's sales won't be hurt if people wait a few days/weeks ... their life would actually be easier if people didn't rush liek it's some kind of LIMITED EDITION :( :-rollThe SSW plane appears to be a fine addon ... you don't need it yesterday .... next week will be fine :)