Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dale_Johnson

Computer

Guest Dale_Johnson

Does anyone know where i can get a gaming computer to run fs2004 without lagging with loads of add-ons for under

Guest belga1

Hello,I feel sorry for maybe disapoint you .. but you can buy a computer of 1000 pounds and have lagging etc ...It's not only a matter of power and price .. it's also a matter of settings .You can run FS2004 with a average power without too much lagging (it will be always some in certain situations) for the price you notice.The rule will be to check the CPU power (3 Ghz is good) and also the graphic card (one with 512 MB is more than enough)2GB of RAM is also enough.Add to this FS2004 good settings and you will be happy.Regards.XMAS_GS004.gifGus.

Guest Dale_Johnson

I want a gaming computer which will run fs9 without lagging with loads of add-ons. Here is a list of computers that come with a moniter aswell as the tower. I only want to spend no more than

Just looked at the list. No way are you running fs9 maxed out with any add-ons on those PCs. As far as i can tell they all have intergrated graphics cards...which is a no no. Just so you can compare...if you want to run fs9 max, with add-ons, I'd recommend at least the e8400 core duo, 8800 series nvidia graphics card or higher, at least 2 gigs of memory, at least a 7200rpm harddrive.

Has more memory and a slightly bigger video card. From what I have been reading, FS uses the CPU for graphics duties, but I may be wrong. Both of those PCs should be OK, but one thing I notice is the memory interface on the video cards of 128bit. Better video cards have at least a 256bit memory interface and are better for playing games. That said, I was able to run FS9 with a 7600GTS with a 128bit interface, but on occasion, I did drop to single digit frame rates.

ng_driver.jpg

Supporter GhostRecon.net | AGgReSsion

WhiteKnight77's Place

Mike Shannon

Hope I'm not being uncharitable here but aren't you the person who was asking the same kind of questions on other websites before Christmas?If you are, then my advice to everyone is don't waste your time giving this person advice. Lots was offered before and 'he' chose to come back with even sillier systems from EBay and the like, totally ignoring sound advice because he didn't want to hear it.I'm almost convinced it was you sir. If it was, stop posting the same question on every website out there and read what was said to you before Christmas.

You will want a core2 duo cpu, at least 2GHz, mine is 2.6 GHz, but it is not so much the GHz speed, its the type and core2 duo is the cheapest that is sure to work well. You will want a good gpu, Nvidia 8600 is more than enough, which is exactly what I use. The second digit is the important one, it should be 6 or 8. A 7600,8800,8600,7800 all would work. An 8200 would be liable not to.I get 18 to 80 f.p.s. even with the most detailed of aircraft and scenery imaginable.It does not take much of an computer to run FS9.CPU and GPU are what matters, both are absolutely required.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Guest fs2004josh

just to give you an idea the type of hardware i have running FS9 with add-ons:AMD Phenom II X2 550 3.1ghz4GB crucial DDR3 1333mhz (6-6-6-20)M4A78T-E 790GX motherboardEVGA 285 GTX FTW 1GIG graphics cardBFG-Tech EX-1200 Power supply unit300GB 10,000 RPM hard drivebut mind you, i have U.T, GE Pro, REX2004, FS Global 2010 and other airport add-ons. My FPS are well over 100 fps! I do have a black edition cpu which means i can overclock it, but no need.