Sign in to follow this  
Guest Holliday

Thanks for nothing, CaptainSim!

After buying his Legendary 737 product, I entered the forum he/she controls to see if/why the sound of the chatter between flight deck officers was silent. Several others in the same thread wondered the same thing.The manual for flying the legendary 727 is in three .pdf parts, and looking for sound help was like hunting a needle in a haystack.With a pointed post, I complained about "CaptainSim" being silent in the unanswered thread for more than three weeks, and touched a nerve."CaptainSim" answered with a curt RTFM, and then locked the thread. I hope he/she doesn't spend my money all in one place, because it's the last he will ever see from me.The CaptainSim thread is so full of "Pinned" threads, you will soon need to move to page two to see anything new.Is his plane nice? Yes. But unless you already fly one, be prepared to be frustrated by the cockeyed manuals and insulted by the purveyor of these goods.I will consider my purchase a wash. The plane is deleted and my lesson is learned.Message to CaptainSim: Your bubble can burst as easily as the dot.coms did and it starts like this. Let's see you lock this thread, CaptainSim.

Guest Van

Hi Mike,I was never fussy on the CaptSim 727 to begin with...The gauges are much to difficult to read. In any event if you want a good 727 package I suggest you download Richard Probst's new 727-200v4 panel package along with the ffx 727 model and Charles Fox's FDE's created specifically for Richard's panel and the ffx model. All the formentioned packages are freeware and of excellent quality. I believe all can be downloaded from the Avsim file library. Richard's panel has excellent documentation with it aswell.Also Dreamfleets 727 package looks like it will be excellent once released.Regards,Van LatendresseYeoDesigns/AFG GroupPanel/FDE Designer

Guest guyjr

Could've avoided a lot of heartache by doing a search here for CaptainSim before purchasing. Plenty of noise made about that 727 release a few months ago... total cluster-... well, you know.

Thank you, Van. Excellent recommendations and I'll follow your notes.And it's a reminder to salute those freeware designers, whose motivation to share is something more honorable to me than the almighty dollar. Take note, CaptainSim. You might want to consider lining up a real job, eh? Oh, and next time if I were you, I'd think twice before publicly ridiculing and insulting mike_a or any of my fellow simmers and then locking the thread. ;-)

Yes indeed. I should have researched the seller first. My bad.CaptainSim is an arrogant waste of money. I learned that the hard way.

No doubt the reply was curt, but since most of us know what RTFM stands for, I wouldn't qualify the answer as that, since there was no profanity.I well remember the issues with CaptainSim--customer rapport not being a strong point. But I don't expect that of any payware vendor. Many are recycled from freeware origins. They've held professions other than customer contact professions. Ask them to attend the training (and it does require training) to hone their customer service skills, and we'll be paying $100 a shot for payware in no time.And your spamming his forum with what amounts to "I'll show you posts"--well, you're treading a very fine line. Walk it carefully--I can tell you from my own experience how my foul up in a similar vein almost cost me my home and my family.-John

No home. No family, nothing anyone can take from me.CaptainSim needs some manners if he's going to take my money. Your money. The money of my friends."I'll show you?" No, not that sort of vendetta. I am not at all the vindictive type but I will state my experience(s).CaptainSim has my Visa, my home address, and my e-mail he/she can add my name to spam lists, call me names, steal my identity, whatever. I know who he is.I am just stating my experience for the record--and it is for the record here in the archives.CaptainSim has an attitude--and so do I, and it's replies like yours that keep this post current. ;-)

In the interest of equal time... I rarely fly anything except the CS 727. No other plane gives me the "total immersion" experience like it. I love starting from cold and dark and going through all the checklist items. I finally mastered (ok, mastered is a strong word) landing the bird and there are repaints aplenty. On the occasions I have needed customer service they have replied promptly. I'd buy from them again in a heartbeat. So, as they say, your mileage may vary. Eddie KSLC

"it's replies like yours that keep this post current. ;-)"LOL... You really caught me on that one....! Oops--bumped the dang thread again!:-beerchug

Eddie,I am happy your experiences are good with CaptainSim and as I said in an earlier post, the "bird" is awesome.So why not do CaptainSim a favor and patrol his group for him answering all the un-answered posts?And tell me this: Why are all the audio files so low in level, and where are they located for tweaks sake? They are obviously called by a .dll and not controllable by the FS2002 Settings/sounds module.Curious minds want to know.