Hi There,To those that are running on the new catalyst 9.12 drivers from Ati, what are your thoughts? Have you see any improvements over the 9.11 or have the new drivers introduced problems that werent in the previous release. Interested to hear how others are finding the latest driver.

Hi There,To those that are running on the new catalyst 9.12 drivers from Ati, what are your thoughts? Have you see any improvements over the 9.11 or have the new drivers introduced problems that werent in the previous release. Interested to hear how others are finding the latest driver.
I find the 9.12 better, but I'm running a 5970 and 9.11 were beta drivers for me. 9.12 fixed some things and broke some other things (like not remembering my overdrive settings after a restart). Honestly, it works better than the Dirt2 hotfix drivers (fought with them for a night after I got my card).

I find the 9.12 better, but I'm running a 5970 and 9.11 were beta drivers for me. 9.12 fixed some things and broke some other things (like not remembering my overdrive settings after a restart). Honestly, it works better than the Dirt2 hotfix drivers (fought with them for a night after I got my card).
Excellent thankyou. What are your thoughts on the new 5970 and flightsim? Not much is being said about the new Ati cards at all.

Guest marquisor

does it fix the crossfire bug?in maximized window mode i got 30 FPS as i set it up to. if i enter fullscreen with the same resolution as my desktop the framerate halfs to 15 FPS

I have just built a new machine, a i920 running at 3.7 and a 5970 with the 9.12 drivers. I loaded up FSX yesterday and I can't run it for more then a few minutes when flying as it hard locks the PC with what looks similar to the driver issues I had with my 5970 prior to the hotfix. Unfortunate because in 5760x1200 eyefinity mode the fps looked promising for the few seconds I had.

Guest marquisor
I have just built a new machine, a i920 running at 3.7 and a 5970 with the 9.12 drivers. I loaded up FSX yesterday and I can't run it for more then a few minutes when flying as it hard locks the PC with what looks similar to the driver issues I had with my 5970 prior to the hotfix. Unfortunate because in 5760x1200 eyefinity mode the fps looked promising for the few seconds I had.
hmm i have to say with my config the framerate increased by 20%. i ran 9.7, now with 9.12 it increased! yahooo :( but, in case of my bug mentioned the framerate is still lower in fullscreen mode than in windowed (maximized) mode...your config is way far overclocked? then it can't be stableEDIT:my config isIntel Q9550 2.83GHzATI 4870 x2 dunno 4 GPU thing (if crossfired)4GB RAMWIN7 Beta 64bit

Hello marquisor, I don't know why I have the issue, it's only in FSX nothing else. I think my clock is conservative. I can go faster but don't really need to for anything I run. I have checked it running prime95 for hours on end with all cpu's running at 100% and it's fine. I know with the 5970 everyone seems to have different experiences with the drivers. I spent a lot of time on different forums before I found that the drivers for the 5970 were woefully inadequate for a card released to the market. Since the release of 9.12 at least some things work as they say on the box, I.e. crossfire on eyefinity but there is a bit to go.Jason

Guest marquisor
Hello marquisor, I don't know why I have the issue, it's only in FSX nothing else. I think my clock is conservative. I can go faster but don't really need to for anything I run. I have checked it running prime95 for hours on end with all cpu's running at 100% and it's fine. I know with the 5970 everyone seems to have different experiences with the drivers. I spent a lot of time on different forums before I found that the drivers for the 5970 were woefully inadequate for a card released to the market. Since the release of 9.12 at least some things work as they say on the box, I.e. crossfire on eyefinity but there is a bit to go.Jason
maybe bus speed matters, i dunno what settings are all changed, but it might affect your gfx board as well. go ahead and look for "everest". it gives you detailed information on GPU usage and temperatures.but i think your problem is still about overclocking CPU. FSX doesn't take toooo much of GPU as modern games demand, so stop o/c it. next step: dont o/c yer CPU. and see what happens. stay with stability not with speed, as if you're on flight and after 1 hr your machine gets a JERK you're not helped out.

I just checked what temps I recorded when clocking and testing. 35deg c when idle and 65 dec C when running prime 95 after four hours. That iis not hot at all, all other settings have been adjusted to cater for these clocking speeds and fsx is certainly not creating the same high load that I do under testing conditions. The problem that I see is the same issue that people have been seeing on the new 5870 and 5970 cards, it is ati or driver related. I have managed to get rid of the issue for IL2 and the other sims I play but not for FSX, very strange. This sort of problem with the new series of cards and these drivers is documented all over the ati forums and others like guru3d, I just wish it wasn't happening to me. I hope that the January 7 release of drivers fixes things. I am certain that this is not an overclocking issue, I have been overclocking for years now.Thanks,Jason