Sign in to follow this  
Dirk98

FSX UI corruption

Guys, every time I reinstall FSX I get this UI corruption as after installation of various addons at some point when I click on the FREE FLIGHT tab going from the SETTINGS tab in the FSX's UI, FSX hangs for about 20 seconds then starts to reboot with "A fatal error occured". I know, that it is always due to some setting in my FSX.CFG added by some add-on or joystick installation, unfortunately I did not write it down when I discovered how to fix that problem. Perhaps it has something to do with nVidia 182.50 driver and/or smth else, I know how to circumvent it by rebuilding fsx.cfg as an example, or starting directly from a *.flt file. But it's a nuisance yet, and I just remember that was a single edit in FSX.cfg that fixed it. Anyone had it like me?Thanks,Dirk.

Guys, every time I reinstall FSX I get this UI corruption as after installation of various addons at some point when I click on the FREE FLIGHT tab going from the SETTINGS tab in the FSX's UI, FSX hangs for about 20 seconds then starts to reboot with "A fatal error occured". I know, that it is always due to some setting in my FSX.CFG added by some add-on or joystick installation, unfortunately I did not write it down when I discovered how to fix that problem. Perhaps it has something to do with nVidia 182.50 driver and/or smth else, I know how to circumvent it by rebuilding fsx.cfg as an example, or starting directly from a *.flt file. But it's a nuisance yet, and I just remember that was a single edit in FSX.cfg that fixed it. Anyone had it like me?Thanks,Dirk.
This is also may happen with FSInn/FSCopilot installed. The DLL is in the Modules folder; if you remove it, the problem goes away.

10290.jpg

generate-signature-new-2.php?login=USA1205

This is also may happen with FSInn/FSCopilot installed. The DLL is in the Modules folder; if you remove it, the problem goes away.
Capnjofo, thank you so much! Indeed, FSCopilot.dll is the culprit, but I'm positive I could somehow fix it via FSX.cfg as well (something also qiute simple). Anyway, I feel much better now.Dirk.

You may also want to take a look at this......UIAutomationcore.dll...Pretty much stopped all my menu crashes.....If you do a search,you will see it discussed ..HTH Lou

You may also want to take a look at this......UIAutomationcore.dll...Pretty much stopped all my menu crashes.....If you do a search,you will see it discussed ..HTH Lou
Did you mean to add something sensible, Lou? Or is it just some sort of cosmic noise?Dirk.

Did you mean to add something sensible, Lou? Or is it just some sort of cosmic noise?Dirk.
Ok, I take it back in the sense it was not the cosmic noise. Neither was it helpful though. WindowsXP SP3 here.Thaks,Dirk.

Indeed, FSCopilot.dll is the culprit, but I'm positive I could somehow fix it via FSX.cfg as well (something also qiute simple). Anyway, I feel much better now.
FSCopilot crashes the UI when you have saved a default flight that contains a flight plan. It doesn't always do it, but once it starts, I haven't found a way to stop it. (it can get such that you can't even start FSX!) There are two options at this point: rename FSCopilot.dll and then save a new default flight that doesn't have a flightplan, or edit the FSX.cfg to remove the default flight (Situation= line)

FSCopilot crashes the UI when you have saved a default flight that contains a flight plan. It doesn't always do it, but once it starts, I haven't found a way to stop it. (it can get such that you can't even start FSX!) There are two options at this point: rename FSCopilot.dll and then save a new default flight that doesn't have a flightplan, or edit the FSX.cfg to remove the default flight (Situation= line)
Tim, edit the FSX.cfg to remove the default flight (Situation= line) is what I was trying to recall, thanks! Btw, I never had any in-game (3D) problems with UI, mouse clicks on the menu bar, etc. That's a different problem I read about, but I was never affected by it.Thanks,Dirk.

Obviously, you can circumvent it (if needed for VATSIM as an example) by starting FSX directly off the corresponding FLT file.Dirk.

I,m sorry you did not think my post had any value and was only "cosmic noise" Many people have benefited from this .dll,including me....Seemed pretty sensible at the time but I will refrain from offering suggestions in the future to avoid such remarks.....Lou

I,m sorry you did not think my post had any value and was only "cosmic noise" Many people have benefited from this .dll,including me....Seemed pretty sensible at the time but I will refrain from offering suggestions in the future to avoid such remarks.....Lou
Lou, to avoid being misinterpreted or misjudged please put some effort in elaborating what you suggest next time or you may chose to not suggest anything at all as you said. Partcularly when you refer to a source that lays quite far beyond the usual scope of FSX-related software. Just posting a single link would be much more helpful than making some vague references to an alien dll file (quite scary btw taking all the viruses and spam on the web), that allegedly helped you fix everything in your game. A single link to the discussion in your original post here would help understand better what you meant to recommend. Anyway, I took it back already before you posted if you didnt notice. I'm sorry to say that your suggested file didn't fix or help anything. I appologize if I sounded too harsh to you, I didn't intend to be mean. Have fun as much as I do!Thanks,Dirk.

Just posting a single link would be much more helpful than making some vague references to an alien dll file (quite scary btw taking all the viruses and spam on the web), that allegedly helped you fix everything in your game.
Actually, he did post a link: http://www.search-dll.com/dll-files/downlo...oncore.dll.html...but, you would have to hover the mouse over the underlined text to see it...However, the uiautomation.dll is only relevant for those who're running Win7 and are experiencing problems accessing the menus in the GUI.The copy of the uiautomation.dll in the link is the same one that is used in Vista, and is to be dropped in the FSX root folder. That way, only FSX will use it, and the original Win7 version won't be overwritten.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator