Sign in to follow this  
argeme

Schwartz

Hi guysI just downloaded the the Sidney Schwartz scenery objects to use with Instant Scenery in Fs9.I installed it directly into the addon scenery as suggested by the installation-text.But - unfortunately - I cant se anything. The Library shows up when I open IS but no textures(colours) on the models/buildings. Any idea what to do ?thanks

Hi guysI just downloaded the the Sidney Schwartz scenery objects to use with Instant Scenery in Fs9.I installed it directly into the addon scenery as suggested by the installation-text.But - unfortunately - I cant se anything. The Library shows up when I open IS but no textures(colours) on the models/buildings. Any idea what to do ?thanks
Much depends upon just how you installed his package.The bgls go into an active scenery subfolder and all of the texture files (usually bmps) go into an active texture folder.I have a scenery entry which I named Library Objects. It has a scenery subfolder and a texture subfolder. Additions such as Sidney's objects go into the proper subfolders of that scenery entry.The scenery entry (Library Objects) is of course activated (added) via the FS Scenery Library dialogue.If you just dumped all of his files into a scenery subfolder somewhere and did not seperate out the texture files as above you would not see the textures.Hope that helps.

Much depends upon just how you installed his package.The bgls go into an active scenery subfolder and all of the texture files (usually bmps) go into an active texture folder.I have a scenery entry which I named Library Objects. It has a scenery subfolder and a texture subfolder. Additions such as Sidney's objects go into the proper subfolders of that scenery entry.The scenery entry (Library Objects) is of course activated (added) via the FS Scenery Library dialogue.If you just dumped all of his files into a scenery subfolder somewhere and did not seperate out the texture files as above you would not see the textures.Hope that helps.
Thanks for the answer.I think I did just what you suggested, but still the textures do not occour in fs :(

Hello:As David explains above, one must have a particular file and folder structure in a scenery area that is "active" in the FS scenery library.As an example, when extracting a downloaded ZIP file to be manually installed into FS:[FS install path]\Addon Scenery.....\Lights SS V2+ scenery object library <--- All ReadMe and misc. files / folders go here.........\Scenery <--- All BGL files go here.........\Texture <--- All BMP or DDS files go hereFYI: When extracting files / folders from a ZIP file, one should "use stored folders" to retain an author's packaging and folder structure as aboveBTW: I have extracted a few ZIP files from AVSIM after the file library recovery that had apparently lost their internal stored folder structure; one must then un-ZIP those files into a "blank" folder, and then create one's own folder and sub-folder structure (as above) in Windows Explorer to use the add-on in FS.PS: In Instant Scenery, be sure the library is a "FS2004 compatible" type, and that you have the "distance" and "scale" options set so the object will be visible from your aircraft position when you are placing that object in the interactive preview mode provided by Instant Scenery.Also, be sure the scenery object placement "density" is set so the object will be visible in the scenery density used for your next flight session.Additionally, in your next flight session, you must MANUALLY "Open" that same scenery object placement BGL with Instant Scenery in order for the objects placed by that BGL to be seen. :(Once you are satisfied with that FS scenery object placement BGL, you can move it to a different folder location so that Instant Scenery stops "managing" display of that BGL, and the objects should behave normally... always "visible" if active in the FS scenery library.Hope this helps ! :( GaryGB

Thanks a lot for the long answer.I wished my english would be better so that I could explain .But the things you suggested did not do any difference.Actually some of the textures are displyed well, other are just grey without anything (missing textures I suppose).

Hello:It may be that some of the textures are indeed missing, but this is unlikely in FS9, as this usually causes FS9 to crash (FSX will usually NOT crash, but instead displays the object black). :( Gray textures on a "library object" (not a "white" un-textured autogen object outline) suggests an incorrect texture bitmap format for that version of FS.If you tell us which file you are referring to, perhaps we can better help you identify what the problem may be.What specific file or files did you download... and from where ? :( GaryGB