Sign in to follow this  
neutrino

NEW: Multiplayer Carrier Ops Nimitz - RELEASED

Orion Lyau has just released his new Multiplayer Carrier Ops - Nimitz mission for FSX Acceleration :( The mission is a result of a couple of months of work and testing, and we can finally use Javier's Nimitz in multiplayer and fly carrier ops :( The new mission features:- The beautiful USS Nimitz carrier by Javier Fernandez- The carrier is moving and all systems are working - the meatball, catapults and arresting gear are fully operational in multiplayer.- A Boeing 737 refueling tanker- A P.L.A.T. camera view where you can watch the aircraft landing on the carrier and provide LSO communication- You can use the new Hornet HUD to track the carrier ILS and TACAN for precise landing and night operations.The mission can be downloaded here: Multiplayer Carrier Ops - NimitzHere is some footage from the tests we made prior to the release, bloopers were left out :(

And some screenshots: f3t2iq.jpg259jq0w.jpg2j18vwh.jpg29ur1qq.jpg2en13mg.jpgRefueling.jpg

Thanks for this!! Now i just need soemone to fly with! Can you use this on your own? I am interested in the PLAT camera aspect of this, for reviewing my own practice attempts. Or is there any way to port over the plat xcamera to a normal free flight? Cheerrs, Mark

Thanks for this!! Now i just need soemone to fly with! Can you use this on your own? I am interested in the PLAT camera aspect of this, for reviewing my own practice attempts. Or is there any way to port over the plat xcamera to a normal free flight? Cheerrs, Mark
You can use the PLAT camera to review your flight if you record it with FSRecorder. However, this is only possible in a mission where you have the PLAT camera view coded into the mission. In multiplayer mode, you cannot record with FSRecorder, so only other people can watch your approach, or you can watch their approach and give them directions. I did this a couple of days ago when we were testing the mission - I was watching through the PLAT camera and I felt that the guy on apporach was very high, so I said "Wave off!" and he actually did - it was pretty fun :) Orion's mission is usually hosted in the Adventurer's Lobby in the multiplayer section - it's less croweded than the Free Flight lobby :)