Sign in to follow this  
beroun

Concorde Mystery

Hi,Background:Have recently downloaded ARNZ AIS-AI Concorde using AVSIM download. Although the WOAI Installer 2.4 did not seem to recognize the zip file, I managed to install aircraft using the procedure mentioned in the doc file. Also managed to see the existing aircraft schedule in TTools after re-naming the bgl file to Traffic_Concorde.... (without Traffic infront of the downloaded bgl file name, TTools did not show the schedule). Subsequently have scheduled both BA and AF aircraft to fly some routes using my adon airports - with plenty of the gates available and also with proper parking codes for both airlines. Also have applied the same parking codes to the aircraft using ACA2005. Please note that I have extensive experience using TTools, AFCAD and ACA2005, have over 200 aircraft flying scheduled or (by me) modified routes - ALL WORKS PERFECT. Except for Concorde.Problem:Concorde seems to depart everywhere as per the schedule. HOWEVER arrivals seem to be problems. Either aircraft disappear after touching the runway, or do not arrive at all. Sometimes also appear suddenly on the gate without actually arriving. This is not a rule, at LKCS the BA Concorde actually nicely arrives and taxis to the Gate. I am attaching the flight plans for info (note that LKRK and LKCS airports are modified with AFCAD having enough gates with proper designations) Any suggestion in making the Concorde behave as all other aircraft would be much appreciated.AC#1,G-BOAC,50%,24Hr,IFR,09:00:00,09:43:17,250,F,002,LKRK,12:30:00,12:48:53,070,F,002,LKCS,14:30:00,15:15:48,250,F,003,EGLLAC#2,F-BVFC,50%,24Hr,IFR,08:30:00,09:09:23,200,F,004,LKCS,11:30:00,11:48:53,080,F,004,LKRK,12:35:00,13:12:51,200,F,005,LFPG

Hi,Not arriving and showing up suddenly at the gate are symptoms of a plane that is supposed to already be departing for its next leg. My assumption there is that you have not given the plane enough time to get from place to place - probably because the speed in the TTools aircraft.txt file is too fast (i.e. Mach 2). For the relatively short legs you are flying, its overall speed will probably be something close to a regular jetliner's, even if it does get up to supersonic speed at some point. Most of the flight is departure/climb and descent/approach at subsonic speeds.Hope this helps,

Hi,Not arriving and showing up suddenly at the gate are symptoms of a plane that is supposed to already be departing for its next leg. My assumption there is that you have not given the plane enough time to get from place to place - probably because the speed in the TTools aircraft.txt file is too fast (i.e. Mach 2). For the relatively short legs you are flying, its overall speed will probably be something close to a regular jetliner's, even if it does get up to supersonic speed at some point. Most of the flight is departure/climb and descent/approach at subsonic speeds.Hope this helps,
See the plan, and I used many different variations. Actually had given plenty of time between different legs, arrival and departure. Also have reduced speed in aircraft file. There must be some other data probably also in aircraft file, which makes this aircraft to behave strange. I am questioning this now in the a/c design forum.