Sign in to follow this  
Guest Bilbo

GPS

I have obviously loaded a plane from the add on world that has caused my GPS not to work any more. I D/L all per instruction and never back up.My question is can I go to one of the 3 disk in FS2k2 and destore or must I uninstall and reinstall.When and if I must uninstall how do you also get rid of all the scenery, and planes that have files all over the place.I recenty got a new pc for fs2004, Is there a way to remove any and all files, codigs ect that have any relation to FS proir to installing fs2004.THank you.

"Is there a way to remove any and all files, codigs ect that have any relation to FS proir to installing fs2004."No reason to do this. FS2002 and FS2004 exist side by side. What you've done to one will not effect the other. FS2002 does not modify your system files, so there's nothing to remove in that sense. It is entirely self contained in its own folder, and the same is true of FS2004....-John

So how do i get the gps in fs2k2 to work agian?Also, If I needed to zap all fs2k2 files and all add-ons how do I do this as files are everywhere.Thanks.

As I said, FS2002 is self contained, so files aren't "everywhere". Once you run an uninstall and delete the FS2002 folder, all add-ons are effectively zapped. That doesn't mean there may not be a stray folder (some add-ons create temp folders or subfolders within the Microsoft Games folder), but a fresh install of FS2002 or FS2004 won't see the add-ons.And what happens when you try to launch the FS2002 gps? Does it not come up? Do you get an error message? Try to launch it from the default 737, as an example. What happens?-John

I think you're jumping to the conclusion that GPS won't work in FS. It sounds more like the gauge file (gps.gau) is corrupted. Try restoring it from cd before you uninstall and reinstall.

That is exacly what I am trying to say.On of the add on planes resulted in an error message even from default when clicking on the GPS icon.I do not know how to restore from on of the 3 cds from fs2k2.I was hoping this would be able to be fixxed -vs- uninstall reinstall.Many thanks for how do restore the GPS.THank you.

Much easier to fix it by restoring the file from the CD. Put CD#1 in the drive and open the file named FS2002.CAB. Inside this CAB file you'll find a file named GPS.gau. Copy the file named GPS.gau from the CD to the gauges folder in your FS2002 installation. But if you really want to reinstall everything that's easy too. The files aren't "all over the place". They are all in the main FS2002 folder. If you want to keep the add-ons just uninstall and then reinstall. The add-ons will still be there when you're finished. If you want to get rid of all the add-ons prior to the reinstall just delete the FS2002 main folder after the uninstall and they are gone.Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

I will try, And I also hope to help back one day. I appreciate your insight..Thanks.

Hi doug,>The add-ons will still be there when you're finished.http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg

Doug,Is it possible to use this method to restore a default aircraft that I deleted and if so which disc would I use?Rodger.

As I hate to say, I have trie dthe disk 1 as to evtract from dsk 1 of fs2k2 and then sopy ovxer the ba nad overright that cauaseded the issue,Yiyu are correct that the prob started after a new add on.Thank you,I wished these sites had spell xheck.

I have tried . but please whitcj CD, also, I would imagine that seasrch the above title from the E drive once the CD (1-3) is identified.I am sorry fro the belabered sub matter,BUT I ANT GOT "NO WHEARE" ((please excuse the ment joke).IE IN case of a needed uninstall,As long as you are under thre folder of MS/ Games FS/ 2003/ then I can ba assured of any """"DRAG ALongs"""., THank you.

If you find out please shatr my way.Other then this I hatre to install 2004 om a new system,I understand the way its memt to be but the way it is is alwayd a little different.THank you.

THat was the but of the joke.If spell check is on this forum pleasew advise.All I want to d o is restore the Guages file from install ca (I ciukd not figure oout 1-3 disk all where attemptedThe other is how to insure no files (ext///) are left nefore I install FS2004;THank you.