Sign in to follow this  
Sonar5

Question on Flightsim.com....

Jeff, I didn't raise the issue, you did and I certainly didn't attack Tim or JustFlight. What I said was what is the difference in my role at Avsim and PSS with their roles. I still do not understand why I personally come under attack on this issue when I can name at least 10 different individuals who are in similar roles. I did not take it as a compliment because there was no need to raise it in the first place. http://www.avsim.com/pages/robert/kirkland.jpg

Ah, we going to turn this in the typical grudge match Steve? I guess we should all air our dirty laundry in public tonight, heh Steve?

Guest Jeff S KDTW

Tom, Wow, that is good stuff Tom! >>>Everybody and their pet rabbit knows Bob volunteers his time here at AVSIM and has done so for 5 years of the 5.2 years we have been in existence. There is a cabal over at the site you volunteer for that repeatedly wants to make a big deal of that fact. So what? Then, don't you agree that you should mention that in passing just like MSNBC.com does when they discuss Microsoft matters? Flightsim is doing nothing to make this a big deal, certainly not a "cabal". ;-)>>>I tell you what Jeff, when Lou Betti disassociates himself from FS.com totally, only then will I begin to worry about Bob and PSS. After all, there "must be a conflict of interest" there, what with Lou heading up Dreamfleet, right??? Or at least so goes the logic of the group over there, so why not apply the same standards? Until then, its a whole bunch of disingenious BS being spewed by some self-appointed icons who overlook things like Lou's participation there, and who take every opportunity to take cheap shots at AVSIM. Nothing more. :-) Come on Tom, how can you compare Lou Betti, who is at best an inactive moderator, to a publisher? What association does Lou have with FS--he is a moderator. So, are you saying that if Lou gives up being a moderator, you'll question whether Bob should be a publisher? :-) I don't think that will happen, nor am I asking you to do so.>>>I am glad you jumped into the fray Jeff. All I asked was for Darrell to offer full disclosure in his response regarding a site that he volunteers his time for. Nothing more and nothing less. You have expanded this to include the mud that others seem to want to sling. Now you know why AVSIM has a problem with FS.com - because this kind of crap is allowed to be purveyed over there, with no, none, nada, substance in fact, or challenges regarding the veracity of any of it. And now you come in here and attempt to do the same. Why am I not surprised. Tom, you have yet to read my post that says that I compared myself and Darrell's ability to be impartial to Bob's ability to be impartial. Apparently, that slipped by ya. Wow, I'm learning alot right now. :-lol I didn't realize there was so much frustration. :-roll[hr color=gray]http://home.earthlink.net/~snyders2000/deb.jpg

Glad you could get a laugh out of it Jeff. Happy to be at your service. Now this thread is closed. You got your shots in, and now we'll close this off.

No frustration just asking that I be treated fairly. I make the same money at AVSIM that you do at Flightsim.com, $0.00 and I have done it for 5 years. I put up with the garbage because I care about the hobby not for any ulterior motive. And so you know, my role at AVSIM is to worry about the business side of the operation not the editorial content. And you haven't answered my question as to why you misquoted me in saying I attacked Tim Dickens or JustFlight.http://www.avsim.com/pages/robert/kirkland.jpg