Sign in to follow this  
Mike...

This is new, possibly joystick related

Hi, it appears that with my new joystick plugged in, FS9.exe will not go away, in other words, it stays visible in the Task Manager after having closed FS9 normally. With the new joystick not plugged in, no problem. I just got the Logitech Force 3D Pro, working fine so far, except for this issue.By the way, does anyone know how I can launch the Logitech Gaming Software/Logitech Profiler straight to the system tray? The "/noui" trick doesn't seem to work, even though Logitech put that behind the startup item...

Mike...

Well, after umpteen responses from Logitech "Support", I've now become Ms. Bartlett... while I'm pretty sure I woke up as Mr. Mak today...This has been one abysmal support experience...:(

Mike...

You should be able to run fs9 just fine without the joystick software, in fact it probably causes more trouble using it. KJ

That's what Logitech Support said also. They sell the joystick and bundle it with the Logitech Gaming Software, which is regularly updated and supports the latest OS's (and 64-bit versions). And the first thing they say is, remove the software... you don't really need it...:(The problem is, FS9 doesn't allow me to make complicated button assignments. Only one action per button stuff, while I require more. The software allowed me to do exactly that and it has a very cool export/import tool to boot. And it works just fine in FS9, it's just this one minor thing I can't get cleared up.By the way, even with the software removed, FS9.exe will not terminate properly, so I don't think the issue has to do with the software. And if I plug in the joystick when FS9 is already running, FS9.exe will terminate properly. Logitech's reponse to that, well, don't plug it in before FS9 is running... Yeah, with the convenient location of USB ports on my computer, that is truly a wonderful suggestion. Not to mention it completely ignores the fact that the joystick is preventing a third party process from terminating properly, something I had assumed Logitech would want to get to the bottom of.Tech Support is a lost art.

Mike...

>> The "/noui" trick doesn't seem to work <<Dont know anything about the joystick etc, but shouldn't a parameter be written with a "\" not "/" ? ie: "\noui"Edit: Duh! forget that - brain's addled this morning!

Have some :(!:( Okay, thought I'd post and tell you all what the problem was. FS9.exe not disappearing turned out to be a software conflict with ActiveCamera 2004... Its developers had a patch for it, installed it and FS9.exe is now terminating properly. I found this on my own, still no help from Logitech.As for /noui not working. I'm using Windows 7 now and it did in fact work for a while, but not anymore, still trying to figure that one out, but my main problem is fixed!:(

Mike...