Sign in to follow this  
slip-stream

Highest resolution possible in DX9

Could anyone tell me the highest resolution obtainable in FSX running in DX9 mode? Thanks in advance. :(

Keith Sandford.

On multiple monitors, "highest" can also be something like my 3840 x 1024 using the Analog TH2G across 3 19" monitors. Some users are using 5040 x 1050 across 3 22" widescreen monitors with the Digital TH2G.

Rick Ryan

On multiple monitors, "highest" can also be something like my 3840 x 1024 using the Analog TH2G across 3 19" monitors. Some users are using 5040 x 1050 across 3 22" widescreen monitors with the Digital TH2G.
Thats exactly what I have, 3 screens, but I assumed you had to run in DX10 to obtain 5040x1050. If that is possible in DX9 that's brilliant, can you confirm this please Falcon?

Keith Sandford.

Thats exactly what I have, 3 screens, but I assumed you had to run in DX10 to obtain 5040x1050. If that is possible in DX9 that's brilliant, can you confirm this please Falcon?
Confirmed, but you need to use the Digital TH2G to accomodate the higher bandwidth requirement. The analog TH2G only supports bandwidth for a maximum resolution of 3840 x 1024. Plus, if you want 5040 x 1050 with the Digital TH2G, the 22" monitors need to be set at 57Hz refresh rate...60Hz over 3 22" monitors is over the bandwidth limit for the Digital TH2G. This caused a lot of problems for Digital TH2G users when they first started using three 22" monitors. Many monitors do not support 57Hz refresh rate, so the 5040 x 1050 resolution with the Digital TH2G wouldn't work. There is a sticky post on the Widescreen Gaming Forum, TH2G section, that lists monitors that do have native support for 57Hz, and they work fine with the Digital TH2G at 5040 x 1050 in FSX. So if you want that resolution, make sure you get 22" monitors that natively support 57Hz refresh rate. They work fine using DX9 in FSX.

Rick Ryan

Many thanks Falcon. I do indeed have the Digital version and am myself having big problems getting my syncmasters to work properly. I am trying to get a fix over at the widescreen forum as we speak. Thanks again. I didn't think it was possible to get that resolution under dx9 so that has made me very happy.

Keith Sandford.