Sign in to follow this  
ehasanov1

Assigning comand Cycle view?

HiIs it possible to assign command "cycle view" to only one button.Now I have assigned command "S" to the button on my yoke.The problem is that I would like to have only cycling from 2D to VC and vice verse and only on one button.When I press first time I go from 2D to VC, and when I press second time I go back from VC to 2D.Is it possible?Thanks in advance and Happy New Year 2010.Edin

Guest napamule

You don't have a key command print out? There is a 3 page print out available for FS9 keyboard commands, showing the actual keyboard layout in graphic form (ie: not just a list). In there the 'Shift+Ins' or it may be 'Shift+0' key on keypad is for 'Panel view-snap to' (which is for 2D panel view). Then you press 'S' to cycle view to VC, and press of button for 'Shift+Ins' (or 0 (zero)) to return to 2D. So you would need to map the macro key in buttons and keys thru 'Options\Controls' menu. Assign the 'view-snap to panel' to a button on joy. You already have the 'S' command mapped. Just need to map another button for 'View-snap to panel'. 2 buttons. Back and forth.I have a USB keypad (sits on left of keyboard and both work at same time with no problems) and have the '2' key for 'View-snap to panel' (2D). Then I have 8 key for 'S' key (press to go to VC) and I get by that way. No matter what view I wind up in (including top-down view) I can always snap to 2D panel with press of '2' key (USB keypad). If you have enough buttons on joy you can also easily do this. If not (I only have 3 on my joy, 2 are for flaps, and one is for 'View-snap to top-down view) then you can get a USB Keypad ($15) and then can map 10 or so commands to that (throttle (3 & 9=good for helicopter 'give/take' power) with (*) for full throttle and (6) for throttle cut, 'S' key (8), pitch trim (1 & 7), parking brake (Del), spoiler (-), water rudder (4), wing fold (/), tailhook (+ -handy for FSX). Here's pic. Happy New Year.Chuck BNapamule

Hi.thanks for replay.I know how to assign the specific key.The question was, is it possible to assign, two commands on one key.I try it and it is not possible, so I reassign my keys through FSUIPC.Edin

The question was, is it possible to assign, two commands on one key
Only if they work at the same time (that would not make sense however) or if one works while the button is pressed and the other when it is released (here you could get the assignments you want but for the price of holding the button while getting the view).