Sign in to follow this  
LAdamson

Carenado C210 - Active Camera 1.1 question

In the VC view of the Carenado C210 when using Active Camera 1.1, if I pan down with the hat on my CH Yoke, the view goes down and to the right. Then when I pan up with the hat, it goes up and to the right.Anyone else seen this? It doesn't happen on other planes.Also, aren't the Alt. and Battery switches backwards???Thanks!Mike Baker

Answer to #1 ----- The hat switch on my Saitek 45, the 210, & active camera just goes up or down.As to question #2 ---- I havn't checked this particular switch against a real Cessna 210 ---- but these switches can actually be reversed, as with a Cessna & a Piper......................................Update---- It alway's helps to have an "airplane" in the garage :)Mine uses a battery/alt switch which is listed as the Cessna type in the Aircraft Spruce Catalog. It has the switch function the "same" as the Carenado 210 ---------- which would be opposite of a Piper Archer.L.Adamson

I've CH yoke and behavior similar to yours - when panning down it goes to right... not big problem to me at all - i've also noticed similar thing in some other planes for example in Sf.260. %regardsEricson

Guest PhilC

Yes, I believe that the batt and alt switches are reversed. Turn on the Alt by itself and everything powers up.It amazes me that these items can be overlooked by developers and beta testers. The 210 has more bugs than I can usually find in low-end freeware... and I had to pay for it.Hopefully a patch will be released soon.

This is caused by an unusual setting in the panel.cfg file for the Centurion. Find the line "VIEW_FORWARD_DIR=11.0, 0.0, 0.5" and change the "0.5" to "0.0".The 0.5 setting causes you to look slightly to the right and skews the axis so that panning up and down moves in an arc. I assume Carenedo had some reason for using this setting, but I sure can't figure it out :)

>Yes, I believe that the batt and alt switches are reversed.>Turn on the Alt by itself and everything powers up.>Okay.......... It turns out there is a "bug", but not as you've described it. The alt & battery switch position is correct as I've said, for a Cessna. But I hadn't tried them from a "shutdown" position until now.With the real switch, the ALT is interlocked with the BATTERY, so that if it's pushed, the battery has to go on also. You don't want an alternator producing current without a battery as a reservoir for excess current. When the ALT is depressed the BATTERY side should go on also------------- but it doesn't. The ALT should turn off independantly which is does, even with battery on. The BATT should also go on & off independently, which it does------------ except the BATT switch isn't connecting the systems as it should.L.Adamson

>This is caused by an unusual setting in the panel.cfg file>for the Centurion. Find the line "VIEW_FORWARD_DIR=11.0, 0.0,>0.5" and change the "0.5" to "0.0".>The 0.5 setting causes you to look slightly to the right and>skews the axis so that panning up and down moves in an arc. I>assume Carenedo had some reason for using this setting, but I>sure can't figure it out :)Thanks! That seems to have taken care of it...Mike Baker

That's weird, because with my Saitek X45, it won't do it. I even put my finger on the attitude indicator as it moved up & down in line with my finger. But............ I'm running FS2004 gold and a modified version of AC. I'd assume the 210 view settings are the same.L.Adamson