Sign in to follow this  
Guest CaptainNick

MelJet 777 Virtual Cockpit problem! Please Help!

Hello Gang!First of all, let me just say that Melvin outdid himself with the version 2 of his magnificent 777 - it is simply fabulous! The only problem I am experiencing is that whenever I look left or right on normal cokpit mode, the virtual cockpit appears and blocks my view, especially when looking left, where it totally blocks my view with the virtual cockpit doors that let to the first class cabin. Is there a way of pushing the virtual cockpit back so I can get my normal cockpit views back?Thanks for any input!Sincerely,Dennis D. Mullert

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

Guest EGT_

Open the FS2002.cfg in the Microsoft Flight sim folder and under the *GRAPHICS* section Change SEE_SELF=1 to SEE_SELF=0.Thats it :-)

Guest CargoMun

If you havent already, grab ActiveCamera that way you can move the view angle around (in VC mode) as well such as when ur in normal cockpit view (2d) and look left/right it will show wichever you set active camera on.I use it always to position myself at passenger window for example.Just have to make sure "internal pilot view" is marked in activecamera ;)

Guest CaptainNick

I'm having problems positioning myself in the passenger cabin as per the the photos on the Meljet site. I have active camera installed, but when I mover aft in virtual cockpit mode, I get to the first bulkhead, and then it won't go any further.Any ideas as to how I can avoid this?:-zhelp

Guest Anticyclone

Hi,If you have Active Camera 2002 installed, simply use the view preset (call the dialog box (load view config) through the AC2002 menu, or press CTRL+SHIFT+6). Load Meljet Boeing 777 - AC2002.acv. Once loaded you can call the views (press CTRL+n, n is a number between 0 and 9).If you are in virtual cockpit, move with numpad keys 7,8,9,4,6,2. You can move as far as you wish, bulkhead or not ;)Regards,

Guest CaptainNick

Thanks for that, i'll give it a whirl :-rotor

Hi, Followed the tip above, but the option SEE_SELF=0 also seems to remove the landing lights visibility.Is there any way to set in panel.cfg if I want or not to see the VC from main panel view? Any ideas?Best wishesMelo

Guest Boone

Sorry but, I didn' think there was a virtual cockpit in MEL's new 777. Is there one?Thanks,Boone

Guest Eurosky

I think he means the virtual cabin :-)

Guest jkramer51

I had the same problem. I changed the eyepoint in the aircraft.cfg from 90 to 95 & now I can see out the left window. I'm using pss777 panel. The only problems I had is with it climbing at 8200fpm in vnav and when decending I was leveled at 13000 and told to decend to 2000 but I couldn't get the flchg to work, it wanted to climb. So I turned of AP and finished the flight.John