Sign in to follow this  
Joseph29

Don't you just hate it when...................

Your in the middle of a flight and FS2002 crashes! Happened to me tonight, not once but twice! The flight was from KRDU to KISP, over northern Delaware crusin at 35,000 feet the task bar pops up on the screen and FS2002 crashes! :-mad It's a rather short flight from KRDU to KISP so I figured I start again. Everything is going well the second time until I get over the Atlantic City area at about 28,000 feet this time and the task bar pops up and FS2002 crashes AGAIN! :-madI can not wait until I get FS2004, hopefully this will not happen in the new version.(The plane I was flying was the Premier 1)

Guest Captain Barfbag

Yup, computers crash. Computer programs crash. Sometimes, even computer programmers crash (without enough caffiene.) Right now, the side panel of my tower is off because I had a boot sector problem, as yet unexplained. Dung happens.The secret is alt-f-s. Save your flight. That way you can resume without going all the way back to Go. I do that EVERY time ATC clears me into my approach, more because I crash than FS, but it's done its job on FS crashes a few times, too.I'm not a beta tester. I've never seen a copy of FS2004. But I will still bet you a beer that FS2004 will crash.Just a nostalgia question: Do you still have Midway flying into KRDU? I downloaded their livery and flightplan before they went under. At least on my desktop, Midway is still in the air...

AutoSave is a good little program to have. It automatically saves your flight every so often at a time interval you can choose. Mine saves 10 flights 1 per minute, then it writes over the oldest save.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

>Yup, computers crash. Computer programs crash. Sometimes,>even computer programmers crash (without enough caffiene.) >Right now, the side panel of my tower is off because I had a>boot sector problem, as yet unexplained. Dung happens.>>The secret is alt-f-s. Save your flight. That way you can>resume without going all the way back to Go. I do that EVERY>time ATC clears me into my approach, more because I crash than>FS, but it's done its job on FS crashes a few times, too.>>I'm not a beta tester. I've never seen a copy of FS2004. But>I will still bet you a beer that FS2004 will crash.>>Just a nostalgia question: Do you still have Midway flying>into KRDU? I downloaded their livery and flightplan before>they went under. At least on my desktop, Midway is still in>the air...>Actually I think I know what made FS crash, I have a external cable modem and I keep it on, so I think that had something to do with it. Next time I fly after I download the real world weather Im going to shut the modem off. As for saving the flight, I would of saved the flight if I knew FS was going to crash :-lol And Midway, no I don't have them for AI, I keep my AI fleets as current as possible :-)