Sign in to follow this  
HenkA

Buildings at Zurich (LSZH) are gone.

Hi everyone,I really like the MD-11. However, if I fly a plan from, for instance, Frankfurt (EDDF) to Zurich (LSZH) from FS-Dreamteam, all trees and airport buildings don't show up. Hope for feed-back. Thanks in advance.Henk(running FSX under Windows-7).

Hi everyone,I really like the MD-11. However, if I fly a plan from, for instance, Frankfurt (EDDF) to Zurich (LSZH) from FS-Dreamteam, all trees and airport buildings don't show up. Hope for feed-back. Thanks in advance.Henk(running FSX under Windows-7).
Hi Henk, First obvious question is, are you running the Demo of the FSDT? The buildings disapear after a few minutes (I think 6). If that's not the case, and your seeing more than just buildings and trees disapear, then it is probably the same issue as this post.You'll see this more at dusk/night and dawn/day transformations. Also, please post your full name in posts, per forum rules, thanks.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Hi Henk,First obvious question is, are you running the Demo of the FSDT? The buildings disapear after a few minutes (I think 6). If that's not the case, and your seeing more than just buildings and trees disapear, then it is probably the same issue as this post.You'll see this more at dusk/night and dawn/day transformations. Also, please post your full name in posts, per forum rules, thanks.
Hi Dan,Thanks for your reply. Sorry for having not followed the forum rules. I'm running the registered versions of FSDT for Zurich, Geneva, KennedyIntl, O'Hara and Ft.Lauderdale. I don't have the problems, posted in the thread you were pointing at. Most of the time, I fly in Windowed mode, but no problem to switch between windowed and full screen, during a flight with the MD11, and everything is OK in the cockpit (2D and VC's). During a flight from Frankfurt to Zurich (installed add-ons: FSGlobal2010, UT-Europe, VFR-Germany, Switzerland-Pro, FSDT-Zurich and MyTraffic2010), I get framerates of over 40 flying in spot-view. On approach and landing, FR are still 15-20. I guess my CPU (Q9650 at 3 GHz) and GPU (8800GTX) can handle the beautiful, but very complex MD-11. I wonder whether it is a memory problem. I have 8GB ram installed. However does FSX uses all this ram? However I don't get CTD's or OOM's.Thanks for all help.Regards,Henk Altena (hope it is correct now).

Hi Dan,Thanks for your reply. Sorry for having not followed the forum rules. I'm running the registered versions of FSDT for Zurich, Geneva, KennedyIntl, O'Hara and Ft.Lauderdale. I don't have the problems, posted in the thread you were pointing at. Most of the time, I fly in Windowed mode, but no problem to switch between windowed and full screen, during a flight with the MD11, and everything is OK in the cockpit (2D and VC's). During a flight from Frankfurt to Zurich (installed add-ons: FSGlobal2010, UT-Europe, VFR-Germany, Switzerland-Pro, FSDT-Zurich and MyTraffic2010), I get framerates of over 40 flying in spot-view. On approach and landing, FR are still 15-20. I guess my CPU (Q9650 at 3 GHz) and GPU (8800GTX) can handle the beautiful, but very complex MD-11. I wonder whether it is a memory problem. I have 8GB ram installed. However does FSX uses all this ram? However I don't get CTD's or OOM's.Thanks for all help.Regards,Henk Altena (hope it is correct now).
Heya Henk, Your sig is perfect now thanks :)All I could say is that maybe you might want to try a test flight with alllll of your settings as low as can be. If the buildings and trees remain then it is most likely memory management issues, or your bus is saturated and fsx just isn't recaching properly. With SP1 or 2, fsx will use more ram, but that just means the constriction to allow it access to use more is lifted. Whether or not it uses it correctly is another story (point being, there should have been an SP3). Like other users with similar problems have seen, FSX has several issues that just seem to be that regardless of the ram it's allowed has some sort of memory forgetfulness if you will. It's built differently than any normal game I have, and I pretty much have them all and think I'm going bald from all the head scratching it makes me do.Try with all the sliders set to the lowest setting as mentioned above and also check FSDT's forum to see if others have the same issue. I still think it's the same problem, just wearing a different dress ;-)EDIT: With the sliders down, you wont have the full function of the airport of course, but that's fine, the test is even more significant for that reason.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Guest mikpen14

I come across what you are experiencing from time to time also with the MD11. I can load up and take off from Zurich with everything looking great, but on a return flight sometimes all the building disappear and yet the gates are still visible.If I fly with other planes for eg; the Aerosoft F16 I lost the buildings allso from time to time on arrival. I think it not only has to do with the resources required of the MD11, but also think that it is the way that Zurich is coded. The reason I think that is because with it being FSDreamteams first scenery, They have tweaked their coding methods since then because I have all their other except for Las Vegas and I never have a problem with them.So your not alone!

Hello Dan, Hello Michael,Dan,your suggestion will be the first thing, I try out, because I believe it goes into this direction, i.e. memory problems. There was one post in the FSDT forum about OOM messages, while flying the MD11 over FSDT, and only FSDT airports . FSDT guessed: it's a problem with PMDG and PMDG will "blame" FSDT for it. OF course, it is a combination from both: complicated aircraft and a beautiful but funny programmed FSDT airport (you are definitely right there Michael).There is another thing to mention: Up until now, I always had Framerates at unlimited. Now I have put it at 25 max. And I believe, it is already an improvement. Anyway I will report back.Thanks again for all help.Henk Altena

Hi Dan,I just made the flight from Frankfurt to Zurich (same flightplan) with all sliders to the left. Result: all buildings at Zurich airport were there. So, Dan, it could be a memory problem?I run Win7RC 64bit with 8GB RAM. Somewhere, I red a post about the possibility to avoid OOM errors by changing RAM assignments, running BCDEdit. Could that bring something for me?Regards,Henk Altena

Guest sixfourty

Well, 32 bit applications will only use 2 gigabytes of memory (sometimes 3) regardless of how much ram you have. There's a hack available that increases the maximum memory available to a 32bit application running in a 64 bit enviroment, but I have not tried it with FSX myself. I advice you of making a backup of your fsx.exe before you apply it. You can get it from http://www.ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php

Well, 32 bit applications will only use 2 gigabytes of memory (sometimes 3) regardless of how much ram you have. There's a hack available that increases the maximum memory available to a 32bit application running in a 64 bit enviroment, but I have not tried it with FSX myself. I advice you of making a backup of your fsx.exe before you apply it. You can get it from http://www.ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php
FSX SP2 is already LARGEADDRESSAWARE, the tool won't help anything. And you (the OP) are running 64-bit, so no need to change any OS settings (the changes that you would make on a 32-bit system with bcedit are already applied out of the box on a 64-bit OS).You may have to live with lower settings when flying into LSZH.

Hi to all of you,The answer is clear. I have to deal with lower settings, when flying to Zurich, anyway until I buy me a new rig. Thanks very much for all your help.Kind regardsHenk Altena