Sign in to follow this  
BobbyBond2

MD-11 CTD on shortfinal TCAS2V7.dll

Rich,Which addon scenery file/s did you remove??How did you confirm the addon scenery file was causing the TCAS.dll problem?Pete
I had downloaded some MCI scenery from Avsim- aig_kmci_kansas_city_ktc_fsx_default. It had two files one was the main airport and the other must of just added some extra scenery objects ( AIG_KMCI_ADE_KTC__Default_CVX.bgl ). I had noticed that I was having problems with the scenery ( lost cockpit textures ) so I removed just the extra scenery portion. After that I was having problems with the TCAS2v7 issue, usually on final. So I was about to give up, but having recently purchased a new video card, I decided to try the Nhancer program & NickN's settings. Everything was solid. I setup the MD-11 to fly for around 13 hours while I was at work holding near MCI and then had no problems flying approaches etc. after I got home. SO, I thought why not try the extra scenery portion again. Right away the TCAS issue resurfaced. After removing that, I was able to keep the MD-11 flying for about 16 hours straight with holds, missed approaches & flights into ORD with heavy traffic. Solid as a rock now... knock on wood.The combo for me was the Nhancer settings and the suspect scenery. I think maybe running Nhancer relieves some of the load on FSX?Rich

RIch

ATP CFII

I had downloaded some MCI scenery from Avsim- aig_kmci_kansas_city_ktc_fsx_default. It had two files one was the main airport and the other must of just added some extra scenery objects ( AIG_KMCI_ADE_KTC__Default_CVX.bgl ). I had noticed that I was having problems with the scenery ( lost cockpit textures ) so I removed just the extra scenery portion. After that I was having problems with the TCAS2v7 issue, usually on final. So I was about to give up, but having recently purchased a new video card, I decided to try the Nhancer program & NickN's settings. Everything was solid. I setup the MD-11 to fly for around 13 hours while I was at work holding near MCI and then had no problems flying approaches etc. after I got home. SO, I thought why not try the extra scenery portion again. Right away the TCAS issue resurfaced. After removing that, I was able to keep the MD-11 flying for about 16 hours straight with holds, missed approaches & flights into ORD with heavy traffic. Solid as a rock now... knock on wood.The combo for me was the Nhancer settings and the suspect scenery. I think maybe running Nhancer relieves some of the load on FSX?Rich
Thanks Rich,Some good detective work there.Unfortunately I don't have that scenery to remove, so I wouldn't know where to start.I already have nHancer set up as per NickN.Pete

I have only had this problem with the MD-11, not the 747.Anyone else found this?Pete
I had it rear it's ugly head again last night on the 747X at the end of a 10+ hour flight to FSDreamTeam's PHNL. I flew the last half of the oceanic portion of the route at 8X sim rate, then slowed back down about 200nm out. Everything looked good right until it froze 2-3nm out on ILS final and produced a CTD with TCAS2V7.DLL as the offending module.Seems this has been an intermittent issue for a lot of people even since the FS9 days. I still suspect the way UT II manipulates and injects traffic isn't sitting well with the module. I can't imagine how a scenery file would interact with TCAS to cause this...RegardsBob ScottColonel, USAF (ret)ATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VColorado Springs, CO

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

That's FSDTs newest release, I haven't got it yet but I saw at least two threads related to it when it first came out. Do they have an update at their web site? I'm thinking about getting this scenery soon.

Dan Downs KCRP

..... I still suspect the way UT II manipulates and injects traffic isn't sitting well with the module. .....................
I do not have UT II and I still had the problem. I do have lots of WOAI traffic though.Pete