Sign in to follow this  
strider

Cold weather starting fix?

Has there ever been a "fix" for the PSS 757 cold weather (-8c) starting problem? I have the JustFlight 757 so I'm assuming it's the latest (last) version of the PSS 757.

Has there ever been a "fix" for the PSS 757 cold weather (-8c) starting problem? I have the JustFlight 757 so I'm assuming it's the latest (last) version of the PSS 757.
This problem exists on the PSS 777 as well, I Just start my engines using the in-built FS weather engine on a hot day and then switch it to real-world weather once they are up and running. That is the only solution that I have found for this problem...

This problem exists on the PSS 777 as well, I Just start my engines using the in-built FS weather engine on a hot day and then switch it to real-world weather once they are up and running. That is the only solution that I have found for this problem...
As I recall, the good old CTL+E will start the engines on both planes...DJ

When I do try and do this with low oil temps, it still doesnt start. :S

I found this to be an issue with the default FS9 LJ45 when it was cold below a certain temp, but suposedly FSX wasnt affected the same way. I know it doesnt help your issue, but I thought it was interesting to see someone else with a similar issue.

:( With all the addons I have...and all their little quirks...it's amazing I ever get one of them off the ground! If I don't fly one for several months, I spend an hour or so trying to remember why the pressurization won't work or the panel isn't working correctly...or any number of other little oddities that this particular aircraft requires to work right. "OK...the Woodhen Widget 35...let's see...I have to swing a beheaded chicken over my head, hold my left arm at a 45* angle and sing the words to "Bang Your Head", from Quiet Riot, at a whisper while rapidly hitting the "S" key. Or was that for the Tetford speeder?"I sometimes wonder why I bother...whilst swinging the chicken. Then I wipe the blood and feathers from the flat panel and crank 'er up!

:( With all the addons I have...and all their little quirks...it's amazing I ever get one of them off the ground! If I don't fly one for several months, I spend an hour or so trying to remember why the pressurization won't work or the panel isn't working correctly...or any number of other little oddities that this particular aircraft requires to work right. "OK...the Woodhen Widget 35...let's see...I have to swing a beheaded chicken over my head, hold my left arm at a 45* angle and sing the words to "Bang Your Head", from Quiet Riot, at a whisper while rapidly hitting the "S" key. Or was that for the Tetford speeder?"I sometimes wonder why I bother...whilst swinging the chicken. Then I wipe the blood and feathers from the flat panel and crank 'er up!
All so, so, true! :( DJ

Guest CX355
DJ Is right........use the above solution it will work just fine.

Guest mgalmozzi

With B777 try a manual start by deselecting AUTOSTART pushbutton on overhead panel.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.