Sign in to follow this  
ST1322

Weather at destination (and departure)

Hi,I have the following problem with weather at dep and arr airports. No matter what I do, it changes after leaving 10mi radius from the airport. While on departure I am not bothered that much as I am busy conrolling the climb out, it somehow irritates me on arrival. I have force arr weather ticked, however it does not work as it should. I do get correct weather as soon as I fly into 10mi radius from destination airport. I have tested it. I had a missed approach and went out to published holding, which took me in and out 10mi radius. Everytime I have entered it, the weather changed in and out.What am I doing wrong?Help is much appreciated.

Tom Link

Hi,Try with the Force Destination Weather Off and see what happens. There have been a few reports of this not working correctly so we will need to look into this in the future.

Tried this and this time I had something like this: Whenever I ask for ATIS at about 50miles (I use Radar Contact) I get local temp at... 15 celcius... as i get closer the weather gets "correct", however still it only changes to the reight one when I am about to hit the RWY. I just made landing with close up on the temp screen on my A318. i had create virtual stations ticked and enchance route coverage on as well. Dynamic rate of change was set to 0%.Something is fishy here...

Tom Link

Hi,On that particular flight no, but today I completed flight with DWC enabled. Suprise, suprise, weather was somehow better and almost as expected. I found out that if I do not put alternate airport to the flight plan imported to ASA, weather will be as it supposed to be. Perhaps ASA takes alternate field as the one where the forced WX is loaded? Could be, as all my previouse alternates were located further than 80 miles.So, generally I think that DWC is working quite alight, but... :( Radar Contact works really slow with it. I need to figure that part out... You know, I got this product mainly for the DWC feature...And last thing, at 3500ft I had SAT at +7 and TAT somehow close to that. Also when I checked the weather at departure my TAT was -4 (as it should be) and SAT at +13. Is this correct?

Tom Link

Hi,With DWC On Radar Contact reports will never be correct, due to the ways that DWC sets the weather in FSX and RC reads the data. No, there is no fix or work-around!If you have a dual or quad core computer, set RC to run on one of the higher cores. You can try the same with ASA.

I have dual. I will try to setup RC on second one together with ASA. FSX runs on both. Well, actually I do not bother so much for RC Wx report, as I can always check with ASA ATIS, plus RC only mixes up winds and temp sometimes, QNH always was correct (which is good for altimeter :( )I will check it out and see what suits me best.

Tom Link