Sign in to follow this  
hamish7777

Problems returning to FSX after minimizing....

I have recently installed FSX as I normally use FS9 and have upgraded to Windows 7 64bit OS. I do not have this problem in FS9 but if I need to go back to the desktop to start Radar Contact etc and then go back into FSX it does not respond whatever buttons I push. I am running in full screen mode with a Matrox Triple Head 2Go at 3840 x 1024. Has anyone else had this problem and is there a workaround. To be honest Windows 7 has not been an easy transition for me as far Flight Sim is concerned there seems to be slightly strange anomolies, for example when launching FSX it has to turn off the Aero desktop and run in 'basic' mode...... I have an ATI 5850 Core i5....Any Help appreciated....Hamish

I have recently installed FSX as I normally use FS9 and have upgraded to Windows 7 64bit OS. I do not have this problem in FS9 but if I need to go back to the desktop to start Radar Contact etc and then go back into FSX it does not respond whatever buttons I push. I am running in full screen mode with a Matrox Triple Head 2Go at 3840 x 1024. Has anyone else had this problem and is there a workaround. To be honest Windows 7 has not been an easy transition for me as far Flight Sim is concerned there seems to be slightly strange anomolies, for example when launching FSX it has to turn off the Aero desktop and run in 'basic' mode...... I have an ATI 5850 Core i5....Any Help appreciated....Hamish
I've never had much luck with Alt-Tab full screen FSX, under XP or Vista 32 (my current OS, so I can't comment on W7) - so I tend to play in windowed mode, though I guess that won't work with your Triple Head setup. Not much help, I know, but at least a bit of sympathy! :)

Paul Skol

Guest napamule

The 'Alt+Tab' is used to switching between open windows that are 'minimized'. Try using 'Alt+Enter' to go from Full Screen to Windowed AND back. I do it all the time. Res shouldn't be any problem with modern LCD monitors. I assume your desktop res is NOT also set to 39989 x 1992 (or whaever you said-hehe). Monitors have 'native' resolution (ie: limits). Res of 3840 x 1024 seems rather odd ratio, but what do I know.Chuck BNapamule

I have always had that problem with Vista and now Windows 7. I had blamed it on the video drivers but I think it's more than that. As a workaround, I leave FSX in windowed mode until I have started RC4 and FSE/Flyteline then I go full screen for the duration of the flight. I also have a situation sometimes where I go full screen and the windshield is black - to overcome this issue I switch to outside view before going full screen. We learn the tricks of the trade by trial and error, don't we?