Sign in to follow this  
sbclark

The Cessna Mustang comes apart, but still flies.

I posted this on the Cessna Citation Support website and they have never see this before......I'm hoping someone may have experienced this with a different aircraft which may point me towards a solution or workaround.If I click on the PFD or MFD during a flight or on the ground, it seems to be at random times, I experience a situation where the following happens:1. The view out the front of the windshield appears grayed out (cant see).2. The backup instruments are blacked out3. The outside view looking back at the A/C shows the parts re-arranged in an unusual configuration, and if there are clouds in the sky, they are replaced by square white sheets or look

Windows 10 Pro, Ver 21H2

CPU I5-8600K 5.0GHz, GPU Nvidia RTX 3090 VRAM 24GB

Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7, 2TB M2.NVMe, RAM 32GB

Bill,I just posted a suggestion on the Mustang forum. You might try un-installing both the Mustang and Acceleration, rebooting, then installing Acell, reboot and install the Mustang again and rebooting. It would not be the first time we have seen a hosed Acceleration install and the aforementioned suggestions usually cure it. The Mustang is totally depending on a solid SP2 or Acceleration installation.Jim

Simple case of system overload. Your graphics card is simply swamped by the volume of information it is being asked to process and is dumping the VC in an attempt to reload out-the-window textures first. You simply need to down-tune your scenery settings, or buy a faster, bigger graphics card and a better system. The Mustang has too much going on `behind the scenes` for your rig.

Snave,You may be right, although I would think the PMDG 747-400 would push the graphics harder than the Cessna Mustang would. I haven't ewxperienced this issue with the PMDG A/C at all.Bill Clark

Windows 10 Pro, Ver 21H2

Snave,You may be right, although I would think the PMDG 747-400 would push the graphics harder than the Cessna Mustang would.
Not a chance. :(

Simple case of system overload. Your graphics card is simply swamped by the volume of information it is being asked to process and is dumping the VC in an attempt to reload out-the-window textures first. You simply need to down-tune your scenery settings, or buy a faster, bigger graphics card and a better system. The Mustang has too much going on `behind the scenes` for your rig.
We've had the same type reports with our CX2.0 where even the preview window shows parts strewn or misplaced.In every case the users were asked to turn down their settings a bit and the issue went away. :(

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

We've had the same type reports with our CX2.0 where even the preview window shows parts strewn or misplaced.In every case the users were asked to turn down their settings a bit and the issue went away. :(
Good call guys. I missed: 2560 by 1600 dpiTry backing the resolution down a bit and report....Jim

If you go overboard with the bufferppols mod, it will have this effect. If you have added bufferpools line in you .cfg delete it, or back it off a little, and see how it goes then.

If you go overboard with the bufferppols mod, it will have this effect. If you have added bufferpools line in you .cfg delete it, or back it off a little, and see how it goes then.
I've heard of numerous problems caused by bufferpools. I also remember that in SP1 or SP2 ACES upped the bufferpools value to 4MBs from 1MB I think it was. Try changing your bufferpools to 1MB (1,000,000 bytes) or if you don't try adding this to your CFG:[bufferPools]PoolSize=1000000

That bug could drive a developer to drink. :( In the picture, all transforms on the aircraft

Any idea what is causing this, as I would consider the PMDG 747 to be even more complex than the Cessna Mustang?Could have something to do with the buffer pools setting:[bUFFERPOOLS]PoolSize=50000000My old GTX8800 detested that setting and when I would up it my Mustang would look like yours. On the other hand, the GTX 285 (1gig) that I now have runs nicely at 250000000.jja

Jim Allen
support@skypilot.biz
SkyPilot Software home of FSXAssist / P3DAssist

LionheartVictoryBanner02s-369x97.png

Hi All,I believe I have found the solution to this issue

Windows 10 Pro, Ver 21H2

Hi All,I believe I have found the solution to this issue

As Gman says, all you have done is slightly lower the resource draw. You still have a bottleneck in your system and it is likely the problem will reoccur. You might also try reducing (substantially) the mesh setting, if you won't or cant reduce the autogen or scenery load in other ways. I've seen some really good improvements in consistent fps (as opposed to peak values) using this method on some systems.But autogen is almost invisible in the Flight Levels, so you can easily turn it off until you descend, then avoid panning round or external views on finals, when you should be concentrating on flying the approach anyway!

Hi All,Again, I appreciate all your inputs. Until adding the Cessna Mustang, I haven't experienced any issues like the one described in this thread, including running in "windowed mode." I have been running this configuration for about 9 months now and have not experienced this before.And as several of you have implied, I will reduce the settings should I encounter these isses again, or if the white flashes pop up. As you say, I'm pushing the limits of my HW, and I have implemented the 3GB switch because of the necessary virtual memory required in my setup. I don't plan on making any changes for now as turning off tool tips has resolved this immediate problem.As has been the case, every plane or new thing I attempt usually brings up an issue I have to resolve. This just happens to be the latest.Thanks again for your help.Bill Clark

Windows 10 Pro, Ver 21H2