Sign in to follow this  
lehbird

Can't Set Flight Level Correctly in the FMC

For some reason, no matter what I insert on the INT/PERF page of the FMC for the flight level (say for instance FL320), it comes in as FL350 on the LEGS Page. Any idea why this would happen?also, I don't seem to be able to adjust the FL mid-flight on the legs page for a particular waypint; I should be able to shouldn't I?Thanks,Dave

Most likely due to the FMC automatically calculating step climbs along the route. How long is the route?Legs page is generally used for climb and descent restrictions, you don't change your cruise altitude by typing altitudes in there, you do that by selecting the new altitude on the MCP and then pressing the altitude selector knob.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

I've got the same problem too... It never seems to work. I put an altitude, then It doesn't go to the established altitude that I set it to, at a certain place and time. Andrew

Most likely due to the FMC automatically calculating step climbs along the route. How long is the route?Legs page is generally used for climb and descent restrictions, you don't change your cruise altitude by typing altitudes in there, you do that by selecting the new altitude on the MCP and then pressing the altitude selector knob.
Thanks for the reply Ryan. It occurs on all flights I've flown. Their length has ranged from 500NM to 4000NM.The main reason it is causing me such angst is I can't make use of the "pause at TOD" unless I am at the FL indicated in the FMC.Thanks for your help!!Dave

Hi Dave, The FMC will set up step climbs if you have something entered in your "Step Size" on the "PERF INIT" page (RLSK5). By default it is set to ICAO, if you want the FMC to calculate 2000' steps you would enter that into that spot, if you do not want it to set up steps at all, just enter a 0. Once you do that, you will be able to enter specific alts for your legs (within reason of course).

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier