Sign in to follow this  
Buddy2

Captain Sim 727 and Radar Contact 4.3

Has anyone had any issues using RC4.3 with the captain sim 727? When starting from "cold and dark" a frequency change in radar contact appears to lock up the radios and ap. Any ideas? Thanks in advanceBuddy

Has anyone had any issues using RC4.3 with the captain sim 727? When starting from "cold and dark" a frequency change in radar contact appears to lock up the radios and ap. Any ideas? Thanks in advanceBuddy
are you saying the radios are disabled, you've give the rc co-pilot the comms, or you have auto-tune on contact set, and you initiate a radio call?i've never tried that scenario, but i guess that would cause rc to hang, since it is trying to change the comm frequencies on dead radios.the work around would be to have the radios operational before initiating any rc communications.jd

are you saying the radios are disabled, you've give the rc co-pilot the comms, or you have auto-tune on contact set, and you initiate a radio call?i've never tried that scenario, but i guess that would cause rc to hang, since it is trying to change the comm frequencies on dead radios.
I don't think FS cares about whether the radios are switched on when you change the frequency. You'll simply see the changed frequency when they are turned on.What intrigues me more about this report is how the user can tell that the radios and A/P are "locked up" when the cockpit is cold and dark. Maybe we are both reading it incorrectly? Maybe it isn't cold and dark by the time these things occur. But then it must be something odd about the saved flight which has the cold and dark setup.RegardsPete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

I don't think FS cares about whether the radios are switched on when you change the frequency. You'll simply see the changed frequency when they are turned on.What intrigues me more about this report is how the user can tell that the radios and A/P are "locked up" when the cockpit is cold and dark. Maybe we are both reading it incorrectly? Maybe it isn't cold and dark by the time these things occur. But then it must be something odd about the saved flight which has the cold and dark setup.RegardsPete
Hey Guys! I apologize for the late reply as I've been busy the last few days. I will try to be more precise about the condition I'm experiencing. Here is the protocol that I use in order to set up a flight with the CS 7271. Load FSX default flight2. From within the game, I load the 727 100 Cold and Dark flight from the file menu3. Change to the livery I want to use4. Change to the location, weather, time that I desireAt this point, I have tried two things:1. I have gone through the normal start procedures PRIOR to starting RCV4-or-2. I start RCV4 and then go through the normal start procedures.* Autotune is off in both instances** the cold/dark default flight was provided by CSSymptoms:1. After a period of 3 or for minutes the radios "lock up"... meaning I cannot change frequencies... or engage any of the knobs/buttons.2. The same symptoms described above hold true for the A/P3. The HSI doesn't receive a signal from either of the NAV's and appropriate flags are shownSystem Specs:1. Windows 7 642. Q9550 Quad3. Asus P5NT Deluxe4. 4 gigs of ram (forgive me I can't remember the brand)5. I can get the radios and A/P up and running again if I start the APU and APU generator. Any ideas/suggestions? Thanks in advance!Cheers!Buddy

1. After a period of 3 or for minutes the radios "lock up"... meaning I cannot change frequencies... or engage any of the knobs/buttons.2. The same symptoms described above hold true for the A/P3. The HSI doesn't receive a signal from either of the NAV's and appropriate flags are shown...5. I can get the radios and A/P up and running again if I start the APU and APU generator.
That sounds simply like the battery expired. Start the APU and generators earlier, or see if you can get ground power connected.Nothing of this can possibly be related to anything RC is doing. It is simply a battery problem. If you have a registered install of FSUIPC you can extend the battery life to something more realistic (like 20-30 minutes), or even make it last forever. But I always get the APU going pretty early on in the pre-flight checking.RegardsPete

That sounds simply like the battery expired. Start the APU and generators earlier, or see if you can get ground power connected.Nothing of this can possibly be related to anything RC is doing. It is simply a battery problem. If you have a registered install of FSUIPC you can extend the battery life to something more realistic (like 20-30 minutes), or even make it last forever. But I always get the APU going pretty early on in the pre-flight checking.RegardsPete
Thank you for the speedy reply Pete! I do have the registered version of fsuipc ( awesome btw).However, the problem occurs when the engines are running and the engine driven generators are showing proper voltage. Hopefully I can do more testing over the weekend. I'm fairly confident it could be the panel state provided by cs. I'll test and report back. Thanks!Buddy

However, the problem occurs when the engines are running and the engine driven generators are showing proper voltage. Hopefully I can do more testing over the weekend. I'm fairly confident it could be the panel state provided by cs.
FS implements a separate "Master Avionics" switch, which may well not be in the correct state. Such a switch occurs in aircraft like the Cessna but not in airliners like the 737. However, a flight can conceivably be saved which has the avionics switch off even though the aircraft panel is not so equipped.I don't understand why it would be okay for 3 minutes though. The only thing likely to give out in such time is the battery. Anyway, do check. Load up the FLT file in an ordinary text editor such as Notepad, and look for the section [Avionics.0]It should have a line:AvionicsSwitch=TrueIf it doesn't, add that line.For others reading this but using FS9 not FSX, I think the parameter appears in the [systems.0] section instead.RegardsPete