Sign in to follow this  
Guest VH_RAH

Simple Question

Guest VH_RAH

Hello all,my first post here so be gentle :)I have a really simple one for you all.I basically need to know how to turn the engines on the 737 off completely.Here is what i can do (or have done so far)When i get in the plane to start a flight it is already running, thats fine but im required to start a flight with the engines off for my VA. I have used SHIFT CTRL F1 and 1 engine (left) turns off completely. CTRL E starts it back up again after a few minutes but how do i get engine 2 (right) off. Im not too sure if the VA program will pick up on only 1 engine being off or if i require both, however id much prefer to just know how to turn off both.As a side note, i know it sounds strange but the VA reporting system requires engines to be off at start and off at the end to ensure it registers correctly.thanks for reading and thanks for your helpRegardsRoy

Guest ajacied552
Hello all,my first post here so be gentle :)I have a really simple one for you all.I basically need to know how to turn the engines on the 737 off completely.Here is what i can do (or have done so far)When i get in the plane to start a flight it is already running, thats fine but im required to start a flight with the engines off for my VA. I have used SHIFT CTRL F1 and 1 engine (left) turns off completely. CTRL E starts it back up again after a few minutes but how do i get engine 2 (right) off. Im not too sure if the VA program will pick up on only 1 engine being off or if i require both, however id much prefer to just know how to turn off both.As a side note, i know it sounds strange but the VA reporting system requires engines to be off at start and off at the end to ensure it registers correctly.thanks for reading and thanks for your helpRegardsRoy
Hi Roy !!To shutdown the ENGINE's just switch the engine start levers from IDLE to CUTOFF this will cutoff the fuel to the engine's and the engine shutsdown. this lever is just AFT of the thrust levers on the control stand. Be for you do this make sure the APU is ON and/or EXTERNAL power is avail to supply elec. power. Greeting's.Mark.

Hi Roy !!To shutdown the ENGINE's just switch the engine start levers from IDLE to CUTOFF this will cutoff the fuel to the engine's and the engine shutsdown. this lever is just AFT of the thrust levers on the control stand. Be for you do this make sure the APU is ON and/or EXTERNAL power is avail to supply elec. power. Greeting's.Mark.
Hi Roy,You can set up the default flight in FS with engines off ,save the flight as default.When you load the NG you should have the aircraft load without engines every time.You will then need to start the APU etcand away you go.RegardsNorman Bowman

Welcome Roy, forum rules you need to sign with your full name or the post may be locked or deleted. Check out the manuals and tutorials, they will significantly add to your experience and enjoyment. :( From the 05 Normal Procedures Manual:Shutdown Procedures:PARKING BRAKE ................................................................SETELECTRICAL ................................................................SET AS DESIREDFUEL CONTROL LEVERS .................................................CUTOFF FASTEN SEATBELTS switch ..................................................OFFANTI COLLISION light switch .........................................OFFFUEL PUMP switches .........................................................OFF CAB/UTIL power switch .................................................As RequiredIFE/PASS seat power switch ..........................................As Required WINDOW HEAT switchers ..................................................OFF WING and ENGINE ANTI-ICE switches ...................................OFF ELECTRIC HYDRAULIC PUMP switches ..................................OFF RECIRCULATION FAN switch ...........................................As DesiredAIR CONDITIONING PACK switches ....................................AUTOISOLATION VALVE switch. ....................................................OPENENGINE BLEED AIR switches ............................................OFFAPU BLEED AIR SWITCH ....................................................As Required EXTERIOR LIGHTS ............................................................As Required AUTO BRAKE switch ............................................................OFFSPEED BRAKE lever................................................................DOWN PARKING BRAKE ....................................................................As Required SHUTDOWN CHECKLIST .....................................................ACCOMPLISH

Guest VH_RAH
Welcome Roy, forum rules you need to sign with your full name or the post may be locked or deleted. Check out the manuals and tutorials, they will significantly add to your experience and enjoyment. :( From the 05 Normal Procedures Manual:Shutdown Procedures:PARKING BRAKE ................................................................SETELECTRICAL ................................................................SET AS DESIREDFUEL CONTROL LEVERS .................................................CUTOFF FASTEN SEATBELTS switch ..................................................OFFANTI COLLISION light switch .........................................OFFFUEL PUMP switches .........................................................OFF CAB/UTIL power switch .................................................As RequiredIFE/PASS seat power switch ..........................................As Required WINDOW HEAT switchers ..................................................OFF WING and ENGINE ANTI-ICE switches ...................................OFF ELECTRIC HYDRAULIC PUMP switches ..................................OFF RECIRCULATION FAN switch ...........................................As DesiredAIR CONDITIONING PACK switches ....................................AUTOISOLATION VALVE switch. ....................................................OPENENGINE BLEED AIR switches ............................................OFFAPU BLEED AIR SWITCH ....................................................As Required EXTERIOR LIGHTS ............................................................As Required AUTO BRAKE switch ............................................................OFFSPEED BRAKE lever................................................................DOWN PARKING BRAKE ....................................................................As Required SHUTDOWN CHECKLIST .....................................................ACCOMPLISH
Thankyou to all for your responces, im thinking i might go with the save as default as it seems the quickest. I will try them all and see how it goes, thanks for the heads up on all the info in this forum, it looks like it will be handy.thanks againRoy Howell