Sign in to follow this  
northridge

Two requests to all software developers

1/ Please find a way to allow the Installation instructions - at the very least - or the whole documentation - best - to be available BEFORE installing the program/software on the computer.Yesterday I bought REX and had to install it on my main computer before I could find how I should proceed in order to run it networked: now I have to uninstall and intall it on my client. Bah!2/ A Pdf document in colour is lovely. Will you pay for me to have it printed? Cos I certainly cant afford it.Nicholas.

Coffee must of not been working yet this morning; I apologize the manual was available the day before release, 2 Dec 09.

D'OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHJust amazing how the world can spin on its axis when tilted by such stupidity!<removed by mod> :( Buy a 20.00 color printer if you must! As my 3 yr old nephew says "Dooomahhs"
..#####? :(

REX was just an example - the latest of many. So it looks like that one was my mistake - BUT - I stand by my post.red1: Are you on the same page as the rest of us?

1/ Please find a way to allow the Installation instructions - at the very least - or the whole documentation - best - to be available BEFORE installing the program/software on the computer.Yesterday I bought REX and had to install it on my main computer before I could find how I should proceed in order to run it networked: now I have to uninstall and intall it on my client. Bah!2/ A Pdf document in colour is lovely. Will you pay for me to have it printed? Cos I certainly cant afford it.Nicholas.
Are you serious? 1) You're blaming developers for your inability to install software on a networked computer? Shouldn't you take the time to find out BEFORE you install the software especially when the documentation is provided?2) If you don't want to print the PDF in color then simply select Black and White printing before you print (its an option on ALL PRINTER DRIVERS), its that simple. Every computer supports it, and if you can't afford it then don't print it. If you don't want to use your ink then contact the developer and I'm sure that they will be happy for you to pay them to print it for you.It seems to me that you are blaming developers for your own inability to use your own computer. :(

2) If you don't want to print the PDF in color then simply select Black and White printing before you print (its an option on ALL PRINTER DRIVERS), its that simple. Every computer supports it, and if you can't afford it then don't print it. If you don't want to use your ink then contact the developer and I'm sure that they will be happy for you to pay them to print it for you.
my take is that Nicholas is upset with having to pay (ie, the cost of printing, color or not) of addon manuals.i guess the question to ask ...'how do you expect to get a printed manual with a download product?'PMDG has a fair solution for the above that is used for the MD11: pay for the manaul (printing, shipping, etc).some developers, for the CD/DVD verson, include a manual. this increases the cost of the CD/DVD version as a result. (note, i believe that the 'supper saver' price of the CD version of PMDG's 747X at BEST BUY does not include a printed manaul.)how many folks remember the LARGE printed manual that came with the early versions of FS? :( --

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

how many folks remember the LARGE printed manual that came with the early versions of FS? :( --
Oh! Me! Me! I used to look over the charts in the back all the time planning flights in the Chicago area. In fact, using those charts, I flew my first cross country from Meigs to the JOLIET VOR, and from there to the University of Illinois (KCMI)! I was so proud of myself.Little could I have predicted the path that that made me take. :(

Some folks forget that to offer such means an increase in price....there "ain't no free lunch" as my grandfather used to say. :(

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

HelloBest solution I have found was to buy a cheap laptop from EbayI have all my manuals on there, easier to read and search in acrobat and saves all the spacethat ring binders used to take up.

Oh! Me! Me! I used to look over the charts in the back all the time planning flights in the Chicago area. In fact, using those charts, I flew my first cross country from Meigs to the JOLIET VOR, and from there to the University of Illinois (KCMI)! I was so proud of myself.Little could I have predicted the path that that made me take. :(
You mean like this:lakemichigan.jpgscott s..

You mean like this:scott s..
Ahhh, Scott, you are da man!Thanks for bringing back the memories! Funny how bland those charts were, looking back on it!

how many folks remember the LARGE printed manual that came with the early versions of FS? :(
I not only remember, I still have them. They are kept in the "small library" and are sometimes (re)read as a diversion from the primary use of the "small library..." :(

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Well I certainly got myself a good kicking there, didnt I? I admit I have been wrong, probably more than a couple of times, in not looking for documentation before buying the product, but you know in many cases its not available.I have printed out colour pdfs in b & w and its never sucessfull; a pdf prepared in greyscale would be much more printer friendly for those of us who cant afford colour. Perhaps in the US or the UK ink cartridges are cheap but here in Brasil they are way not, and the generics are not reliable enough for the small cost-saving.I use my laptop to browse aircraft and chart pdfs in flight but I do like to have them on paper: its nice to be able to bone up on a topic over a quiet breakfast, or on the throne, and its easier to dip in and out of to check back on something.Happy New Year to all.