Sign in to follow this  
Guest shnala

FS Water Configurator problem

Guest shnala

Well, :( first thing first - sorry for my english, I'm Bosnian you know.... :( I did search on this forum but could not find the solution or the similar problem I think. My problem is that (after I install this small program "FS water configurator") somehow Ilost all my water textures. Must say that this phenomena is happening only close to my point of view, which makes me think that only high resolution water is gone. And...one more thing - when I go in "spot view" the water look OK. (lower resolution used?) Another thing...going to "tower view" an back to spot or cockpit view - water is back again !? (big change of focus,and use of low resolution water textures, once again,I guess)But...there is no reason to be happy, because this last only for a very short period, textures are lost again in no time. Since the picture is worth a thousand words, I'll throw in a couple : Water look just fine WHEN I click "restore back up" or "default", can't remember that, but...the water did look sooo great with this little program, that I just cant' let it go. I also have "REX", even "X Graphic" but not one (imho) come even close. Or I can't make them work (especially"REX") how they should ? :( On the end I must mention that everything did look just great from beginning and...that's the main reason for all my sadness. B) And also for this topic, sorry for bothering you guys.... but any help would be very appreciated. P.S.I just remember...that I did install REX - after the "FS Water Configurator" but don't know if that could be problem, after all I reinstalled it once again, now after REX. Your fellow simmer B) from Bosnia, ~shnala~ _________________________________

You might try doing a repair from the FSX DVD first - this will return your textures to default, then re-load/re-setup REX, and then reinstall your FS WaterConfigurator. :(

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Guest shnala
You might try doing a repair from the FSX DVD first - this will return your textures to default, then re-load/re-setup REX, and then reinstall your FS WaterConfigurator. :(
Thank you but I had in my mind something easier :( you know, like if someone knows which files FS WC program swap from the original ones and WHERE HE HIDE THEM ?!? Or another idea. Maybe it's not a .bmp files at all ? Maybe it's "just" a shader ? :( 'cuz when I choose "default FSX" shader efect, everything seems fine, but any other.... B) and problem is there. Here's another pic (this time it's AS Tahiti) : Hilfe, please. Anyone ? B) ____________________________________

First, FS Water Configurator does NOT "swap" ANY texture files in and out of FSX. All it does is replace the default "water shader file" with it's own that contains more options settings. The settings you apply using FS Water Configurator are used to adjust the "water shader file" for WHATEVER water textures you have installed in FSX from a different utilityIf you haven't done so yet, start FS Water Configurator and click on the "Help" button on the bottom, then read the "Introduction". THEN click on the "Basic Guide" link on the top of the "Introduction" page, and read that. Most people don't.Also note...with some utilities like REX, if you install a "special" water "theme", the utility will not only change the water textures for you in FSX, but may ALSO change the "water shader files" in FSX. So, if you run FS Water Configurator and change settings to something you like, THEN install one of those "special water themes" from another utility, your "water shader file" settings in FSX will get changed also. You won't have what you THINK you have anymore. This can also work in REVERSE. Install a "special water theme" from REX, then run FS Water Configurator and change some of the settings, and the "theme" won't look the correct way anymore.I recommend you reset FS Water Configurator back to it's "default FSX" settings, THEN if you have installed any third-party water textures, RESTORE the default FSX water textures, THEN use only ONE or the OTHER of these addons\utilities at a time. You CAN use them both, but you have to make sure the way you use them doesn't interfere with each other, ESPECIALLY if a third-party water texture "theme creator" also changes the "water shader file" settings in FSX. FalconAF

Rick Ryan

Guest shnala
First, FS Water Configurator does NOT "swap" ANY texture files in and out of FSX. All it does is replace the default "water shader file" with it's own that contains more options settings. The settings you apply using FS Water Configurator are used to adjust the "water shader file" for WHATEVER water textures you have installed in FSX from a different utilityIf you haven't done so yet, start FS Water Configurator and click on the "Help" button on the bottom, then read the "Introduction". THEN click on the "Basic Guide" link on the top of the "Introduction" page, and read that. Most people don't.Also note...with some utilities like REX, if you install a "special" water "theme", the utility will not only change the water textures for you in FSX, but may ALSO change the "water shader files" in FSX. So, if you run FS Water Configurator and change settings to something you like, THEN install one of those "special water themes" from another utility, your "water shader file" settings in FSX will get changed also. You won't have what you THINK you have anymore. This can also work in REVERSE. Install a "special water theme" from REX, then run FS Water Configurator and change some of the settings, and the "theme" won't look the correct way anymore.I recommend you reset FS Water Configurator back to it's "default FSX" settings, THEN if you have installed any third-party water textures, RESTORE the default FSX water textures, THEN use only ONE or the OTHER of these addons\utilities at a time. You CAN use them both, but you have to make sure the way you use them doesn't interfere with each other, ESPECIALLY if a third-party water texture "theme creator" also changes the "water shader file" settings in FSX. FalconAF
OK,thank you very much for your time spent. :( I will try some of that, I can see that this is not so easy to solve problem, like I hope for... I read somewhere that you can delete your shaders folder, or some of them. (in C:\Documents and Settings\~user~\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\FSX\Shaders) And the game will just make a new one. (As good as the old ones, I guess) :( So...maybe I could try that, with backup ofc ! Or... :( I should be satisfied with REX, itself. So many doesn't have that honour..... If I could just somehow reduce that long load times,a couple of minutes for a REX,a couple for FSX itself, well... I could almost go to that Himalaya myself, it's not that far. B) _____________________________________

Are you by any chance using SP1 alone, without SP2 or Acceleration? If so, FSWC advised some time ago that the anomaly you are seeing can occur. Specifically the powder blue water and blocky coastlines that move along with the aircraft.A fix is supposedly coming with the new FSWC+ version.John

Guest shnala
Are you by any chance using SP1 alone, without SP2 or Acceleration? If so, FSWC advised some time ago that the anomaly you are seeing can occur. Specifically the powder blue water and blocky coastlines that move along with the aircraft.A fix is supposedly coming with the new FSWC+ version.John
Wow. Yes, I'm. SP1 alone. Well, that's a great news. I mean.... at least I know why the problem occur. Now I just have to wait !! :( _____________________