Sign in to follow this  
des182001

JF/PSS 777 professional

I figured I'll post this here since the PSS forum isn't as active. First off I fly aircraft that model a good portion of the systems such as PMDG and LDS. With that being said I own the PSS 757 and have been sastified with it, I bought it because it seemed to be the best 757 option for me in FS9. I've been thinking about buying the 777 now for a few months and just want an honest opinion. I already know that it won't be a PMDG or LDS plane but as long as PSS got most of the systems right, the flight dynamics and fuel burn are accurate, and there aren't any annoying bugs I'll get it.I had a fun time getting the PSS 757 load manager to work in windows 7 64 bit (registry edit got working), has anyone ran into this problem with the PSS 777 load manager?Thanks

I figured I'll post this here since the PSS forum isn't as active. First off I fly aircraft that model a good portion of the systems such as PMDG and LDS. With that being said I own the PSS 757 and have been sastified with it, I bought it because it seemed to be the best 757 option for me in FS9. I've been thinking about buying the 777 now for a few months and just want an honest opinion. I already know that it won't be a PMDG or LDS plane but as long as PSS got most of the systems right, the flight dynamics and fuel burn are accurate, and there aren't any annoying bugs I'll get it.I had a fun time getting the PSS 757 load manager to work in windows 7 64 bit (registry edit got working), has anyone ran into this problem with the PSS 777 load manager?Thanks
Hi Dan, well im at this moment flying with the PSS 777 and i have to say its not perfect but i really have fun with this plane. There are 3 patches available from just flight to enhance dynamics and once its patched there are a few little things like pop up pannels not popping up in vc and a/c rolling at idle but apart from that the fmc is a good recreation and most switches can be used. I bought this plane about 2 years ago and never really delved into it but i reinstalled it yesterday and im really enjoying it so much so i posted some pics on the REX fs2004 screenshot page. NO its not PMDG/LVLD but they have done a cracking job. If you like ths PSS 757 then im sure the 777 wont dissapoint! Now i must go and put this huge bird on the ground, hope this helpsRegards,Chris

Chris Howard

The PSS/JF 777 load manager works fine here in 64bit (my PSS 757 does not like yours, says wrong path).It's a bit dated GFX wise but a nice bird to fly (I really enjoy it).I say go for it. If your a stickler for having an exact model (exterior looks) some have merged the PSS with POSKY's 777. For me the model is secondary. The PSS 777 is the best you will find when it comes to systems simulation for the 777, and it looks as good as the 757 you already own.

Thanks for the replies I think I'm going to buy it as soon as I land in KLGA (FS of course). That was the same error I was getting for the 757 load manager. Just Flight sent me a registry fix to tell the load manager where FS9 is but it only works if you install FS9 in the default location (I run mine on a second HDD). I just opened up the registry fix in notepad, edited the FS9 path, and installed. Worked like a champ.

FWIW, I have both the PSS 757 AND the 777 nnd I love them both! . . . and thank god they're "not PMDGs". They're awesome planes but they're not perfect either -- nothing is. :(