Sign in to follow this  
Nice

Strange sound on FSX Deluxe under Win7 ultimate 64

Hello,I have instaled FSX Deluxe on my Acer ASPIRE 7520 under Win7 ultimate 64 bit.LEt say no problems with FPS but problems with sound.When you switch from cockpit to spot or some another camera from outside the sound change ti sound of engines how they sound from outside of plane.But when you return to cockpit you should hera them diffrent i mean how they sound from inside.But win7 doesnt make that difrence caouse when you return to cockit win7 plays double sound in same time one from inside and another one from outside.Now you can imagine how much noise i have inside cabin which is bad when you fly on VATSIm or IVAO caouse you cant hear ATC!!But i have noticed when you shout down all engines and restart them in air the sound comes back but if change agin camera the problem returns.This problems ocurs on addons and defoult one.I have also something noticed.When i have uninstaled FSX and instled agin withaut instaling SP1 and SP2 the sound is normal you can switch camera how muchyou want but if you instal SP1 the problem emerges!!!!So please help me guys to resolve this one!!!Again my config:ACER ASPIRE 7520Windows 7 Ultimate(64-bit)Microsoft Flight Simulator X Deluxe

I have this problem as well. I had it with on-board sound so I went out and bought a new sound card - problem is still there.I am also having problems with aircraft/vc/scenery textures disappearing at the end of a flight. I have landed to find no gates displayed or ground textures missing. I have also had my vc disappear or the exterior of the aircraft become transparent.If I cycle through views or go to the desktop, some textures will reappear but others will disappear. This problem had been talked about on the PMDG forum - many attribute it to the MD-11 but I think it is a problem with W7 64 bit. What, I have no idea. Nick Needham has stated that there is an issue with Windows 7 and FSX memory management. He is advising people to go with XP64 until a W7 SP is released. For me, that is not an option.In the end, I have no idea whether the sound issue and the texture issue are related but to my novice brain it seems like they could be. Sounds are not being dumped when changing views and perhaps textures are not either. By the end of the flight, with all of these sounds and textures in memory, the system could be stressed to a point where it begins to dump textures to keep the sim running.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

I have this problem as well. I had it with on-board sound so I went out and bought a new sound card - problem is still there.I am also having problems with aircraft/vc/scenery textures disappearing at the end of a flight. I have landed to find no gates displayed or ground textures missing. I have also had my vc disappear or the exterior of the aircraft become transparent.If I cycle through views or go to the desktop, some textures will reappear but others will disappear. This problem had been talked about on the PMDG forum - many attribute it to the MD-11 but I think it is a problem with W7 64 bit. What, I have no idea. Nick Needham has stated that there is an issue with Windows 7 and FSX memory management. He is advising people to go with XP64 until a W7 SP is released. For me, that is not an option.In the end, I have no idea whether the sound issue and the texture issue are related but to my novice brain it seems like they could be. Sounds are not being dumped when changing views and perhaps textures are not either. By the end of the flight, with all of these sounds and textures in memory, the system could be stressed to a point where it begins to dump textures to keep the sim running.
I have solved the problem!!!Solution:All sound in FSX put to 0 and control the volume of FSX i mixer that comes with Win7 there you can control the volume of every program or game.To get to mixer click to small speaker icon i right botom corner and then click mixer and you will fin volume for FSX there you control itNOTE: To adjust volume you have to run fsx !!!!!!!!That is how worked for me!!

Guest jasonaerts
I have solved the problem!!!Solution:All sound in FSX put to 0 and control the volume of FSX i mixer that comes with Win7 there you can control the volume of every program or game.To get to mixer click to small speaker icon i right botom corner and then click mixer and you will fin volume for FSX there you control itNOTE: To adjust volume you have to run fsx !!!!!!!!That is how worked for me!!
I tried this but still have the issue of outside noise following me into the cockpit after changing views, anyone else have suggestions for this ?

I have this swooshing sound as well. Not on every flight, but too often and it may even come in-flight. Very annoying. Win7, 64 bit, FSX Gold, on board Realtek sound card.So I thought I

Menno 

i7-11700, 16GB, 1 TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, RTX 3070, Windows 11, MSFS 2020 DeLuxe, P3D 4.5

Guest jac2982

I have this problem but only with some aircraft while others work fine. Truthfully since w7 my sounds for fsx have been odd across the board. I get the loud engine noise when returning to vc, sounds coming and going as I go thru the throttle, sounds that used to be loud, like flaps, now barely audible next to the engines. I thought it might be a sound driver issue since I let w7 pick a driver for my onboard sound and never installed the Dell recommended driver. I'll test it out when school isn't ruling over my life.

Guest Jim236

Are any of you using Active Camera? If so, then just go to Options/Active Camera and untick Sound.

In my case I found that adding the line

Menno 

i7-11700, 16GB, 1 TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, RTX 3070, Windows 11, MSFS 2020 DeLuxe, P3D 4.5

Finally more people with the same sound problems. Not that I am happy that you have the problem, now I know I am not crazy.Sounds not being dumped when switching viewsSpikes in engines soundsswooshing soundsI have used my onboard Soundmax driverI have used the default Windows driverI have purchased a sound cardI have increased quality, decreased quality and used every setting in between.Problem still persists

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

I too have this sound issue. When changing from the cockpit to an outside view, the engine seem to be at full speed. I have searched Google for days trying to find a fix. If you are using Windows Vista or 7 with a Sound Blaster X-Fi or Audigy card like me, I think I have found a possible fix, but would like someone else to try it to make sure. See the ALchemy site (http://connect.creativelabs.com/alchemy/ALchemy/Home.aspx) for more information on games that use DirectSound3D. Vista and 7 no longer provide hardware acceleration for sound cards as did XP. Even though FSX is not listed on this site, I decided to give it a try. It worked for me and the big jet sound is much much better. You will need to have ALchemy installed (should have gotten installed when you installed the software for your sound card). If you need it, you can download it from creative - I just did the online software update and got all the software that was available for Win 7.For those that are not using a Sound Blaster, I am not sure what the fix will be for you since you are having the same problem. This is simple to doStart ALchemyClick AddEnter the Game TitleLocation: Use Registry or Game Path - I used the game path - x:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator X (x: is your install location)Settings: I left everything as they are: 4, 25, 128Disable Direct Music - leave unchecked.Click OKSelect the game listed under Installed Games and click on the >> to add it to the ALchemy-enabled Games column. Close the application and start FSX - You will probably need to adjust the sound sliders under FSX.Overall I don't feel the sound is perfect, but this is FSX.Good luck and I hope this helpJames