Sign in to follow this  
pilothunt

GPS is missing

Can anyone tell me where I can get the GPS at? None of the airplanes have GPS!!! I'm not sure if it's a gauge issue or what?

Search your system for fs9gps.cabIt should be in ...\Flight Simulator 9\gaugesMaybe it was accidentally moved to somewhere else.If you don't find it you can extract it from FS9 disc# 2. It is located in MSGAME3.cab and can be extracted by right-clicking on it.regards,Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

Search your system for fs9gps.cabIt should be in ...\Flight Simulator 9\gaugesMaybe it was accidentally moved to somewhere else.If you don't find it you can extract it from FS9 disc# 2. It is located in MSGAME3.cab and can be extracted by right-clicking on it.regards,Joe
Hey Joe,I did what you said but to no avail. I did the general search on my hard drive for the fs9gps.cab and found it in 4 different locations one of them being in the \flight Simulator 9\gauges folder. When I click on the gps icon on the panel nothing happens. Sometimes, a black pop up window displays but that's it. Any other ideas???? I almost tempted to uninstall and then start over but that would take hours, days and weeks to get FS9 up where I have it now.

Try this...Load the default flight, C172@KSEAIn the 2D panel, what happens when you press SHIFT+3?Does the GPS pop up?If so, repeat the search process for SimIcons.cabSimIcons.cab should be dated June 12, 2003 and 13,613 bytes.fs9gps.cab should be dated June 12, 2003 and 303,830 bytes.regards,Joe

sigbar.gif

Try this...Load the default flight, C172@KSEAIn the 2D panel, what happens when you press SHIFT+3?Does the GPS pop up?If so, repeat the search process for SimIcons.cabSimIcons.cab should be dated June 12, 2003 and 13,613 bytes.fs9gps.cab should be dated June 12, 2003 and 303,830 bytes.regards,Joe
I did the search on SimIcons.cab and found 7 different locations. The one dated June 12th is where it is supposed to be. All the others are located in specific airplane folders or located under a folder called Gauges. Should I delete all the files but the one in the FS9 gauges folder?

I did the search on SimIcons.cab and found 7 different locations. The one dated June 12th is where it is supposed to be. All the others are located in specific airplane folders or located under a folder called Gauges. Should I delete all the files but the one in the FS9 gauges folder?
I also did a general search of the fs9gps.cab file and came up with 4 different locations. Should I delete all but the one for the FS9\gauges folder?

Guest belga1

Hello,That can be tricky :)All those cabs and others related panel files can be everywhere and be in good locations.Normally those files must be by default in the gauges folder or a subfolder (generally added by addon's install) of the gauges folder.Anyways .. they can be also located in other folders depending of some parameters:You can have a special folder created by a plane installation and the panel.cfg of this plane allias to this special folder.You can have some gauges already in a panel folder.You can have some panels with allias to the folder fsfsconv (aircraft\fsfsconv) where are some panels by default or added by addon's installsSo you must be prudent and investigate before delete any files !!Personnaly I have the defaults gauges in the gauge folder .. and all the addon's planes have their gauges (if provided) in their panel folder .. this avoid sometime headaches :)BTW .. what happen when ? :In the 2D panel, what happens when you press SHIFT+3?Regards.bye.gifGus.

Did you do the C172 test?Can you get the GPS to pop up with SHIFT+3?Having extra gauges like these, outside of the FS9\Gauges folder is not necessary.But they are small files, so they don't take up much room.Since these are default gauges, and placed in FS9\Gauges by default, I would get rid of the other copies.To troubleshoot this issue, at least move any copies out of any ...FS9\Aircraft\aircraft name\Panel folder so FS will not use them.Then do the C172 test and report back with your findings.I am trying to find out if this is a problem with the GPS gauge, or the Simicons.Also, we need to know if this happens with all planes , or is specific to one.regards,Joe

sigbar.gif

Did you do the C172 test?Can you get the GPS to pop up with SHIFT+3?Having extra gauges like these, outside of the FS9\Gauges folder is not necessary.But they are small files, so they don't take up much room.Since these are default gauges, and placed in FS9\Gauges by default, I would get rid of the other copies.To troubleshoot this issue, at least move any copies out of any ...FS9\Aircraft\aircraft name\Panel folder so FS will not use them.Then do the C172 test and report back with your findings.I am trying to find out if this is a problem with the GPS gauge, or the Simicons.Also, we need to know if this happens with all planes , or is specific to one.regards,Joe
The GPS deal is happening with all the airplanes. However, I am getting an error message after I click the Fly Now button after I create a flight or use a saved flight. The message says "Your computer has run out of available memory. Flight Simulator will now exit. You may not have enough free space on your hard drive. Run disk cleanup to free up space, and then try running Flight Simulator again." I have 4gb of memory and 46gb hard drive space remaining. I ran the disk clean up but I still can't get FS9 to work. This has become rather tiresome. Thanks for your help as well.I will take all the unecessary .cab out of the panel folders and keep just the one for the SimIcon and FS9gps and then see what happens. In the future, I'll just keep all the airplane gauge's with their respective folders so I don't have this problem again. Charlie

The GPS deal is happening with all the airplanes. However, I am getting an error message after I click the Fly Now button after I create a flight or use a saved flight. The message says "Your computer has run out of available memory. Flight Simulator will now exit. You may not have enough free space on your hard drive. Run disk cleanup to free up space, and then try running Flight Simulator again." I have 4gb of memory and 46gb hard drive space remaining. I ran the disk clean up but I still can't get FS9 to work. This has become rather tiresome. Thanks for your help as well.I will take all the unecessary .cab out of the panel folders and keep just the one for the SimIcon and FS9gps and then see what happens. In the future, I'll just keep all the airplane gauge's with their respective folders so I don't have this problem again. Charlie
I'm in the process of removing flight sim off my pc. FS9 wasn't in my add/remove programs list for some reason. I think I have some serious bugs going on with FS9. Thanks for all your help Joe.