Sign in to follow this  
Arjun

FSX in 3D

Hi All,I have a spare set of 3D glassess that i got from the movies and i was thinking if anyone knewn of a demo version that turned FSX's 3D cockpit to ACTUAL 3D. Might even buy it if its good.ThanksArjun

There are different 3D technologies with completely different and incompatible glasses.3-D on TV usually uses some combination of color filtering.Some of the early theater systems used color filtering as well, but most recent systems use polarization filters on the projector and glasses. The projector's filter for the left eye has to be oriented different from the filter for the right eye images. A few theater systems alternate the projection of left and right images and require the use of LCD shutter glasses to synchronize the audience's view of the two images to the projection. Obniously the batteries, LCDs and associated circuitry in the shutter glasses are significantly more expensive that the sun glass like polarized glasses.I've never heard of polarization filters designed to duplicate the effect common to 3-D movie theaters on a computer monitor, so you're left with the color filter and shutter glasses option. I have a set of shutter glasses which takes advantage of the Nvita driver's ability to alternate between left and right eye fields. The effect is normally available with applications that utilize Microsoft's DirectX video acceleration. With videos the media would have to already include the alternating left and right fields. There are a few DVDs on the market that are produced to use the color filtering technique, with which you would need the color filtering type of glasses.

Another option available are Vuzix glasses, http://www.vuzix.com/iwear/products_vr920.htmlThese also provide head tracking and have built in ear phones , they work with FSX and FS9 in DX9, the immersion effect is there and that depth perception is affected to make things in the foreground truly stand out is a benefit , other titles aside FS also support their use , the downside is there is no DX10 support for these andi find they get rather heavy after 20 minutes or so , that said the novelty wore off quickly and i almost never use them anymore.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

Thanks Guys,I realised that the glases i use, i think, uses a different technology and not the red/blue lenses. You can't notice an obvious colour difference. Now looks like time to search for some red/blue glasses hehe.ThanksArjun

nVidia's stereoscopic drivers do work on XP, I used it on my #2 rig a couple of years ago before I upgraded and thought it was a bit of a gimmick. You may have to play with the brightness and color settings as the red/green glasses mute the display somewhat.I bought a pair of glasses from Australia made for gaming and I believe they provided a link for a user interface to adjust the settings. Cannot remember the name offhand but I could check when I return home.

\Robert Hamlich/