Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest AirlinePilotStuart

Epic Failiure with PMDG 747-400X

To kick-off this thread, I will start by listing all of my problems:(Common) All Screens are blankLanding GearOnly 2 main gear out, and the Nose Wheel is turned about 45 degreesThere are no animations on the exterier of the aircraftNo animations in the cockpit eitherthe PMDG options do not show in menu bar__________________________________________________________________As I'm thinking, the aircraft should start out in a fully operational mode, with the screens on right? Well they start out blank.(The Pictures are too big to attach)Please Help

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Stuart,Perhaps I can helps with some of these...

(Common) All Screens are blank
Screens may be black because the battery is off and standby power selector is off, or because of a validation issue.
Landing GearOnly 2 main gear out, and the Nose Wheel is turned about 45 degrees
I would like to see a screen shot of that. However, the nose gear and flaps will not reset if all engines/apu/power is off, therefor no hydraulics.
There are no animations on the exterier of the aircraft
Is "Advanced animations" checked in your dispaly settings?
No animations in the cockpit either
What animations in the cockpit? Wipers only show in Virtual cockpit mode.
the PMDG options do not show in menu bar
Did you say yes to Trusting all of the .dlls after first loading FSX after your PMDG install?Check your FSX.cfg under the [Trusted] section, it should look something like so:
[Trusted]D:\Hangar\FSX\PMDG\DLLs\PMDGOptions.dll.bunchoflettershere=1D:\Hangar\FSX\PMDG\DLLs\PMDGEvents.dll.bunchoflettershere=1D:\Hangar\FSX\PMDG\DLLs\PMDGSounds.dll.bunchoflettershere=1D:\Hangar\FSX\GAUGES\PMDG_747400_Main.DLL.bunchoflettershere=2D:\Hangar\FSX\GAUGES\PMDG_747400_ACS.DLL.bunchoflettershere=2D:\Hangar\FSX\GAUGES\PMDG_747400_Overhead.DLL.bunchoflettershere=2D:\Hangar\FSX\GAUGES\PMDG_747400_Center.DLL.bunchoflettershere=2

As I'm thinking, the aircraft should start out in a fully operational mode, with the screens on right? Well they start out blank.
No, did you try a tutorial yet? You should do so. This is quite the simulated aircraft and there is a lot to learn, especially from a cold and dark aircraft position. There isn't really a "Just Fly Now" option. (well, not exactly).
(The Pictures are too big to attach)
Just resize them in paint, or which ever program you use.

Hi Stuart,Perhaps I can helps with some of these...1) Screens may be black because the battery is off and standby power selector is off, or because of a validation issue.2) I would like to see a screen shot of that. However, the nose gear and flaps will not reset if all engines/apu/power is off, therefor no hydraulics.3) Is "Advanced animations" checked in your dispaly settings?4) What animations in the cockpit? Wipers only show in Virtual cockpit mode.5) Did you say yes to Trusting all of the .dlls after first loading FSX after your PMDG install?Check your FSX.cfg under the [Trusted] section, it should look something like so:
[Trusted]D:\Hangar\FSX\PMDG\DLLs\PMDGOptions.dll.bunchoflettershere=1D:\Hangar\FSX\PMDG\DLLs\PMDGEvents.dll.bunchoflettershere=1D:\Hangar\FSX\PMDG\DLLs\PMDGSounds.dll.bunchoflettershere=1D:\Hangar\FSX\GAUGES\PMDG_747400_Main.DLL.bunchoflettershere=2D:\Hangar\FSX\GAUGES\PMDG_747400_ACS.DLL.bunchoflettershere=2D:\Hangar\FSX\GAUGES\PMDG_747400_Overhead.DLL.bunchoflettershere=2D:\Hangar\FSX\GAUGES\PMDG_747400_Center.DLL.bunchoflettershere=2

6)No, did you try a tutorial yet? You should do so. This is quite the simulated aircraft and there is a lot to learn, especially from a cold and dark aircraft position. There isn't really a "Just Fly Now" option. (well, not exactly).7)Just resize them in paint, or which ever program you use.

1. Yeah, I got to e-mail that guy back from HQ about that..2. I'm uploading it3. Yes4. Like the landing gear, throttles, yoke, switches all the bells and whistles in it.5. Yes6. I have flown simular planes and I know exactly what to do, but the sim is not letting me do so.7. look at 3

1. Yeah, I got to e-mail that guy back from HQ about that..2. I'm uploading it3. Yes4. Like the landing gear, throttles, yoke, switches all the bells and whistles in it.5. Yes6. I have flown simular planes and I know exactly what to do, but the sim is not letting me do so.7. look at 3
I have just gotten the SimConnect.dll installed and when i try to start flying, It gets stuck loading the AIRAC data.