Sign in to follow this  

Eaglesoft's forum a joke

Guest alanrco

They release the Hawker 400XP, an almost identical plane to their model of the Beechjet 400A and want $17.95 for it! So they have changed their mind for existing owners and are going to supply it for $4.95.However my point is that this would not have happened without severe complaint being made on their forum about this rip-off, and to top it off they've removed all complaints from their forum.Just can't handle criticism, eh?Alan

I fail to see the point of this thread.ESDG is a good group. Thier models are great and thier customer service is excellent. Did I agree with the $18 price tag for the XP? No. But I didn't go to another forum and complain about it.They handle criticism fine. They probably removed the posts because the issue has been resolved so what's the point keeping posts discussing it?

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

I think it should be recognized what these airplanes are - mostly very well done exterior shells, little more. But apparently there is a lucrative market for exactly this kind of add-on, inexpensive but definitely not in the Meridian league. You get what you pay for ...Michael J.http://www.reality-xp.com/community/nr/rsc/rxp-higher.jpg

>I think it should be recognized what these airplanes are ->mostly very well done exterior shells, little more. But>apparently there is a lucrative market for exactly this kind>of add-on, inexpensive but definitely not in the Meridian>league. >>You get what you pay for ...>>Michael J.>http://www.reality-xp.com/community/nr/rsc/rxp-higher.jpgDifferent strokes for different folks. I hate the Meridian. The Beechjet models what it is supposed to, and does it very well....a Beechjet. The Meridian I'm sure is geat for some people but IMO it is one of the ugliest aircraft on the face of the earth and I just can't stand it. :-lolThe Beechjet I can't stop flying. :)I know people who feel the exact opposite of me, that's what's great about this hobby....we can do whatever we want :)

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Alan, while I mostly agree with you that the cost was outrageous for seemingly the same plane with a re-paint, I applaud Eaglesoft for listening to customer complaints and responding in a positive move to reduce the price in this case.We all jump on these companies daily with complaints and criticisms. We sometimes compare them to huge monopolies profiting millions of dollars in revenue each year. These companies are usually community-based and spend a great deal of time perfecting their craft. I'm not saying they should not be held accountable to paying customers. On the contrary, I recently started a post in another forum trying to get one of these groups (an outstanding and talented group) to see the customer's point-of-view with regards to anti-piracy solutions. As paying customers we should be listened to. "The customer is always right" is an internal business motto, not a consumer chant. Most customers are just trying to be heard and in this case were heard. Let's cut Eaglesoft a break here. They have responded in a positive way. I love their planes and appreciate all the work that they put into them. Even though I have paid the $17.99 for the Hawker, and I feel it was too much from my point-of-view, I will not ask for the reduced price. My way of saying "Thanks for listening Eaglesoft and thanks for the free Premier I". The author of the Premier I says that he spent 9 months creating the Premier I only to give it away as an inducement. I applaud this kind of fairness and support it when I can.If we beat

Your thread title is a bit inflammatory If you have a complaint with Eaglesoft please take it up with them directly.Their forum is theirs to run however they see fit.No one forced you to purchase from Eaglesoft in the first place and besides if you did purchase the Beechjet 400 you received a FREE Premier I to boot, plus patches/upgrades for both.