Sign in to follow this  
SMITI07

JS4100 alt hold

I absolutely love the jetstream, it is the best plane I have in my hanger (until NGX)Just one question on the altitude mode, During a flight the plane might just decend 500 feet randomly and then very slowley climb up up to the set altitude, but exceed it by 250-300 feet. and then settle at the chosen altitude.I dont know if this is a bug in the program, Im doing something wrong, system specific or something completely different.PS, Thanks to Robert S Randazzo for reduceing the refund for an accidental second purchuse fee from $10 to $5 because it was the christmas holiday period. That demonstrates PMDGs attention to customer service. Continue the good work guys and keep working on that NGX.Tim Smith

Guest BlueRidgeDx

Tim,I've never seen that before. It's possible that the FSX weather engine (or whatever weather engine you're running) is causing large shifts in barometric pressure. The result would be the autopilot constantly chasing the changing altitude.Are you using "Real Weather", or a theme? FSX default weather, or an addon like ASA or REX?Are you pressing "B" every 10 minutes or so in order to set the altimeter properly?Just a few things to try.If it's not any of that, can you confirm what FD modes are selected and active (check the EADI)?