Sign in to follow this  
martinlest2

How to unsubscribe from a thread?

Hi. How do I choose to stop getting email notifications to individual threads that I am currently subscribed to? I thought there used to be an 'unsubscribe' option, but there isn't, nor anything when I reply - simply a line saying 'you are currently subscribed to this topic', but no option to unsubscribe. I looked in Options, My Controls .. still nothing. (Don't think I am going blind - I used the page search function!).Anyone please able to help?Thanks,Martin :-).. actually it says "You are currently receiving email notification of replies ". Whatever..

Hi. How do I choose to stop getting email notifications to individual threads that I am currently subscribed to? I thought there used to be an 'unsubscribe' option, but there isn't, nor anything when I reply - simply a line saying 'you are currently subscribed to this topic', but no option to unsubscribe. I looked in Options, My Controls .. still nothing. (Don't think I am going blind - I used the page search function!).Anyone please able to help?Thanks,Martin :-).. actually it says "You are currently receiving email notification of replies ". Whatever..
At the top of the forum page select My Controls.Then select Subscriptions from the list on the left side of the page which will display.Then select View Topics. Put a check mark in the box beside each Topic you wish to "unsubscribe" from.Go to the very bottom and select "Unsubscribe with selected".Actually every e-mail advisory you get has the basic instructions at the bottom of the message.

Thank you David, helpful as ever.Is that new? I seem to recall that there was the option to subscribe or unsubscribe on the reply page. Maybe I am thinking of a different forum,Martin :( ]"Actually every e-mail advisory you get has the basic instructions at the bottom of the message."... in fact I never download the advisory itself: I use Mailwasher Pro which just shows the headers and URL links of messages on the server - I just click on the link to get to the forum. That's probably why I never noticed! :-) I also notice now, replying to this for once with the 'Fast Reply' option, that there, there are boxes to subscribe/unsubscribe, but not on the 'full' reply page I normally use.

The option to unsubcribe on the e-mail is on alerts from Flightsim.I find it a really handy feature as you do not have to access the site to unsubscribe as you do here.

I don't think I ever posted anything on the flightsim forum, but no matter! Thanks again..M.